1988 Trakka (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe I'll name it Roxanne

IMG_8050.jpg

IMG_8047.jpg

Replaced the florescent light with this low profile warm white and red led by Hella Marine. Very nice quality, it's completely sealed with a magnetic slide switch.
Unfortunately it's too low profile, the Trakka tent material when closed covers the light. The material used to tuck up nicely above the old fixture, I'll need to work on a solution.

IMG_8056.jpg

IMG_8055.jpg

It was a bolt on weekend. Corbeau LG1 seat. They are sold in pairs, so I got base to make the second one an office chair. I like the original passenger bench seat, but can swap in the other seat for a long roadtrip with a second person. I did not get a seat heater for the office chair.

IMG_8064.jpg

IMG_8061.jpg

63865726946__430FDFDA-445D-4047-ABDA-FF9D0D6FF92D.jpg

IMG_8052.jpg

Checked back in and I like the work you've done.

The "head unit." With the backup camera. Nice. My truck is 24v and I'd like to have something similar. Can you provide detail?

Checked back in and I like the work you've done.

The "head unit." With the backup camera. Nice. My truck is 24v and I'd like to have something similar. Can you provide detail?
Thank you.
The head unit came with the car, it's just a Pioneer unit that has apple carplay. I would assume a 24v head unit is a thing. Check Crutchfield.
The camera is a third party for about $50, the same one Crutchfield sells. They do a nice job speccing components that work together. There are several available for about $25 on Amazon that are probably the same.

A friend that welds and has all the equipment is a good friend to have.
The original plate reinforcing the spare tire swingout was just thin diamond plate that rusted through and cracked. We used two pieces of 3/16 angle iron for overkill. Same philosophy as used for rope. If you don't know how to tie the right knot, tie lots of knots.
The rest of the bumper is solid, only slight surface rust in places and a great patina that I want to keep. I only cleaned, primed and undercoated the inner face that's not visible.

IMG_8467.jpg

I recently removed the old shower water pump and heat exchanger system, and in the process noticed the stock fuel water separator had been bypassed. The diesel that came out looked ok, but the water was pretty dirty and rusty. I got the same system that others here use, and installation is pretty easy. After installation and a new fuel filter it started and ran fine.
But the diff locker valves take up the perfect spot for the separator and they can't be moved without replumbing and rewiring it. From my sailing toolbox I used a piece of g10, counter sunk stainless screws tapped into a delrin spacer, then nyloc nuts. The g10 plate bolts to 2 factory locations.
IMG_9109.jpg

iFJF R12T Fuel Water Separator Marine 120AT NPT ZG1/4-19 Automotive Parts with Fitting -Complete Combo Filter Diesel Engine(Includes 2 fittings,2 plugs)

Re-glued the inner support structure of the hood. When the vent holes were cut, the inner part was not secured well, and the spots of glue failed one by one. The hood vibrations at idle were getting worse. Panel bond glue isn't cheap, but it sure works well.

IMG_9893.jpg

Second wheel developed a small leak, time for a new set. Tires still have a lot of life, but I couldn't find 15x8 wheels I like for a decent price. So, I got white wagon wheels, rustoleum sand and 2k rattle can clear. And then I decided to keep the retro stripes. If it doesn't hold up, I'll use bedliner.

I've got 5 ROH Trak 2 wheels, free to a good home, I'll post them on the classifieds.

IMG_9835.jpg

IMG_9906.jpg

IMG_9909.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom