Builds 1987 fj60 12h-t h55f conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gees where did that BC plate come from? Nice truck. a 60 is one of the few LCs i have not owned. Oh and a pig.
Thanks! I made a trip up to BC in December to pick up a 15bf for my 40 series. The guy at the yard gave me a couple of plates as souvenirs. They'll end up on my shop wall....when I have a shop.

It's only been on there just a few days. Gturbo says that mount is not required but I sure do feel better having it there. I wish I had time to regear these diffs before heading west, I can't stand these 3.70s. Are you driving your 60 out this year Pat?
I didn't like the 3.70's either. 4.11 is better. Hoping for more out of the G Turbo.

We are in a huge time crunch this year and lots of things going on so sadly, we are bringing the 200 because it is the only thing ready for the round trip. That and I am picking up a 40 body at Classic Cruisers for Olive (I hope) and I gotta haul that back, so the 200 fits the bill.

I could probably solid axle swap the 200 faster than getting any one of the others ready to go 🤣

Can't seem to stop prepping this thing for the big trip next week. I threw my drawer in the back and made a mount for the fridge. I had tested it the other day and discovered the fridge would power off when it was strapped down or any downward pressure was placed on it. Took it apart last night and found a loose connection so that should be rectified. I have the socket for the switch powered by a lighted switch on the dash so I have full control of when it's on or off instead of just with the key in the on position. This way I can keep the fridge on if I need to run into a store without leaving the key in the cruiser. The illuminated switch is also quiet bright so chances of leaving it on by accident are low.

20230712_174908.jpg

20230712_174845.jpg

20230712_174919.jpg

20230712_174916.jpg

20230712_174857.jpg

I have one of those IndelB fridges as well. I had issues with it powering off on road trips but I think it might have been line loss from front to back. It always works great on 110 power. I need to dig into it more. Love those headlamp conversions. Have done a few.

I have one of those IndelB fridges as well. I had issues with it powering off on road trips but I think it might have been line loss from front to back. It always works great on 110 power. I need to dig into it more. Love those headlamp conversions. Have done a few.

I actually have two of these. Bought this one for $100 and liked it so much I got a second to keep in Arizona. I had it power cycle a few times in my 100. I actually ended up removing the little red cap on the end of the outlet plug and that solved the issue. Honestly the turbo feels no different than the one it replaced. I should probably install a gauge to at least see what kind of boost it builds and how quickly it gets there.

I probably missed it in the thread, but is that little button on the left of the dash for the glow screen? I need to make mine function. I don't have the wiring or relay so probably will just home make it. Curious what you did, or if you use it much. Spring and fall here it it pretty tough getting my 12ht started.

I probably missed it in the thread, but is that little button on the left of the dash for the glow screen? I need to make mine function. I don't have the wiring or relay so probably will just home make it. Curious what you did, or if you use it much. Spring and fall here it it pretty tough getting my 12ht started.
Yeah it’s a 50amp momentary switch. I don’t even have it on a relay it’s a straight connection between battery and screen. (I wouldn’t try it with a low amp rated switch)

Fun fact about that offset spring plate - @CenTXFJ60 has at least one floating around in his box if I remember correctly.

Now I see why it is offset.
Jimmy informed me the 62 has an offset upper shock mount to help the bushing angle with this plate, interesting info. I don’t think I’ll switch it out but I’ll keep an eye on the bushings for premature wear.

Got a Tuffy console delivered this morning. I got the 6.5" model knowing I would need some extra space for my cable lockers. It fit really well and install was easier than expected.

I utilized the two rear M5 bolts from the 60 and they fit the existing holes in the Tuffy box with a very slight amount of filing of the hole.
20230718_133205.jpg

I drilled two holes in the Tuffy to secure it on the front with M6 bolts and some rivnuts I installed.
20230718_133216.jpg

I heated up a punch to open up the carpet for the rivnuts.

20230718_133335.jpg

20230718_133159.jpg

I temporarily installed some studs in the rivnuts and coated them with Prussian blue to transfer onto the Tuffy where I needed to drill the holes.
20230718_132740.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom