1984 FJ60 for sale (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60. I bought this cruiser in 2003 from my brother who bought it from some people who lived in the Death Valley area. My brother drove it around for about a year until I told him that I wanted a project and this was a great Land Cruiser to restore. My brother is a huge Land Cruiser nut and I gained the appreciation during this process. The people that my brother bought it from bought it brand new. This cruiser is from a dry climate so it has never had any rust on the body or frame. Over the last 4 ½ years I have restored this cruiser and added some features to make it more trail ready as well as reliable. Here is a list of things that I have done to it. I have many pictures of the restoration process if you would like to see them.

-Painted in summer 2005 to original color: root beer brown. This isn’t just a Macco special. This paint job is detailed. I took off everything that could be unscrewed, including the doors. Ernie Grothe who painted the cruiser did an excellent job bringing this cruiser back to its original condition. There wasn’t any major body work, just fixing grocery cart dings. The body was in great shape to start with, it was just very faded. You have to see to appreciate.

-1991 5.7L 350 TBI engine with Hooker header huggers, dual flex-a-lite fans for cooling (runs 190-200) K&N air filter, compressor ready for A/C or running air tools, 3” flowmaster exhaust, which has a deep rumbling sound. I used the Marks adapter to keep the 4 speed transmission in the original spot, that way the feel of driving the land cruiser is the same, just with some more power. Centerforce clutch was also installed. The engine compartment was also painted when I did the engine conversion in the fall of 2005.

-The interior has been put together over the years when I could find seats, door panels, dash boards, etc. After replacing the driver seat twice I have given up on it, so you can see tear of the driver seat in the pictures. I replaced the carpet with aftermarket carpet that I was very happy with the quality, even though it is a darker brown than the original brown. Over all, the interior looks and feels brand new. Hopefully these pictures give it a little justice.

-The Spring over axle conversion was done in the summer/fall of 2006. It includes a cut and turned FJ62 front axle. I chose this due to the support the FJ62 axle has. Marlin crawler cross over steering, Rancho 5000 shocks with Ford shock towers in the front. The rear axle was also positioned up 4 degrees for proper pinion alignment. 4.11 gears were also installed. Both front and rear axles were rebuilt with new seals and the rest of the works. Then I put 35 12.50 BFG All Terrain tires on the black American racing wheels.

-Then I wanted a custom spare tire swing out carrier. It has two lights in the back (great for backing up) also has an FJ40 license plate holder.
-Everything done on this Cruiser was done right. No short cuts were taken to save money. If you are in the area you are more than welcome to come by and look at it, actually I would prefer that since pictures are not always the best way to see detail.

I am going to be sad to see it go, but I hardly ever drive it and want to move on to something else and need to sell it in order to do so. This cruiser needs a great home. Please don’t consider buying it if you are just going to trash it in the hills. Email me if you have any questions colocruiser@hotmail.com

I am putting it out there for $15,000. I would be sick if I added up how much money and time I have into this cruiser. I have many cruiser people say it’s the nicest FJ60 cruiser they have ever seen.

I will be out of town Saturday and Sunday Sept 1st and 2nd so don't get mad if I don't reply
landcruiser fj60 002.jpg
landcruiser fj60 005.jpg
landcruiser fj60 008.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom