For Sale 1982 TOYOTA FJ40 LAND CRUISER - $22000 (Fayetteville, Georgia) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NOT MINE :)

I'm just letting fellow MUD members know in case you are looking.

Last edited:
1982 TOYOTA FJ40 LAND CRUISER
“Solid Daily Driver”
Original 2F Engine professionally rebuilt
U.S. Version

*** This FJ40 has the most desired features: late model year, highway differentials, air conditioning (blower works not sure about compressor), factory fuel tank in rear. It is also a US Version Land Cruiser which makes a huge difference in comfort, safety, and value. Older paint work, can be driven like it is or a great restoration candidate.

** Body Condition ** I purchased this Land Cruiser in Fallon, Nevada in 2013. I transferred to Fayetteville, Georgia in 2017 where it is located now. Repainted before I purchased it in original Beige (color code #464). Frame and underside in good shape with no rust showing. Diamond Plate on rear corners and under doors was removed to find some surface rust but no areas rusted through. OEM Soft Top Bows with a Specter off Road top (no rips or tears, windows not cloudy).

** INTERIOR CONDITION ** Original seats in place front and rear. Also a bench seat is installed for children (easily removed). Front seats have covers.

** MECHANICAL CONDITION ** 133K miles on stock Toyota six cylinder (2F 4.2 Liter). Engine professionally rebuilt 200 miles ago ($6,800 spent with receipts). Engine overheated and temperature gauge was not working so I did not know. New cooling system also installed with a mechanical temp gauge. 4-speed synchronized transmission, 4-wheel drive. Newer BF Goodrich Radial Mud Terrain T/As (33” x 10.5” x 15”) mounted on steel wheels. Suspension has been upgraded with a Hell Creek four-inch lift.

**** Vehicle ID# JT3FJ40C0C3353404 Clear Georgia Title with clean Carfax.

*** AS DESCRIBED THIS FJ40 TURNS HEADS WHEREVER IT GOES. THIS YEAR MODEL IS VERY RARE AND COMES WITH SOUGHT AFTER 3.70 DIFFERENTIALS AND FACTORY 22 GALLON FUEL TANK. LOCATED JUST OUTSIDE OF ATLANTA, GEORGIA. **

00W0W_jaryZOThUnF_600x450.jpg

00T0T_cLPYgmMnbej_600x450.jpg

00g0g_bsE45tzM4sP_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_71QSIdk3HxH_600x450.jpg

00808_aZFnIizOzR6_600x450.jpg

The pictures are on my FotoTime site now so anyone that is interested can see them larger. I have seen and driven it and can answer a few questions about it. The owner lives in the next town over from me (Fayetteville, GA) and can answer all questions. Contact him: jacob.w.dawkins@gmail.com

I do not have it on consignment or will I be profiting from the sale. Just helping another Cruiser guy.

Chris

Last edited:
I live in Fallon and was there when Jacob bought this vehicle. Jacob is one of the most upstanding people I have ever met. While I am surprised that he is selling his FJ40, I can tell anyone looking that he is completely honest and will not hide anything about the vehicle. I wish I could afford it and I would bring it home to Fallon, NV. Respectfully, Mark

This is my 40. Thanks for the kind words @SARMARK . He has as much if not more sweat equity in this truck as I do. A true cruiser head and is a huge reason for why this truck is as good as it is today! 🙏

As for the AC. Now operational. Turns out it just needed some freon.

Truck is running really nice after the engine rebuild.

I appreciate all the help from @Wadesters !

Correction to email contact from above if interested: jacob.w.dawkins@gmail.com

Thanks for the repost.

Cheers!

As for the AC. Now operational. Turns out it just needed some freon.

Cheers!

Awesome!! We need our AC here in Atlanta, GA!

Good Luck With The Sale!!!!!!

MM

Nice truck!

I’m in Senoia and depending on what ACC says after a once over of my barn find, I might swing by this weekend and take a look.

Who did your rebuild?

Cheers
Frank Boone

I live in Fallon and was there when Jacob bought this vehicle. Jacob is one of the most upstanding people I have ever met. While I am surprised that he is selling his FJ40, I can tell anyone looking that he is completely honest and will not hide anything about the vehicle. I wish I could afford it and I would bring it home to Fallon, NV. Respectfully, Mark
MARK, Jake said you gave him a lot of help, assistance and good advice. I hope I'm as lucky getting the same.

I am certain you will. The Land Cruiser community is extremely helpful and if you look there is information available on this website that will help you too. Respectfully, Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom