For Sale 1982 FJ40 - Red in Idaho (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Not mine - $24,500 an 82! This one looks pretty good, wish it was Tan.

not original paint but still looks nice Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

-------------------------------

Sadly, the Knot-A-Jeep is for sale. This is a classic, 1982 Toyota FJ-40 Landcruiser. This rig is from the last year of production to be imported to the United States, so has many “more modern” features, such as Power Steering, functional (great) Heater and Defroster, comfortable Front Buckets, functional Wipers/Washers, and a smooth synchronized 4 Speed Stick Shift, while retaining the great FJ looks and character. A strong runner, it is equipped with the original Toyota 2F Straight 6 Engine, original Warn Locking Hubs, Warn Winch, rear “Ambulance Doors”, rear Jump Seats, Rear Heater, and Wagon Wheels (factory option in ’82), AM/FM CD, and CB Radio. It also has all original interior in excellent condition, original Floor Mats, complete Original Tool Kit and Jack, Original Owner’s Manual and a Haines Shop Manual. All 5 tires are in excellent condition, with less than 5K on them. While I would call the rig in “Original, Not Restored” condition it has had rust repair (what FJ hasn’t?), and had a respray of the exterior in original Toyota Red. Recent work includes new Gaskets, Hoses and Seals, packed Wheel Bearings, new Distributor Cap, Rotor, Plug wires, Plugs, Diaphragm, Fuel Filter, Lube, Battery, and Muffler/Pipe. This is a complete FJ in excellent condition for the year. Everything works. This is a rare opportunity to own the “Hell for Stout” legend. If you can find a better, more original FJ in the Northwest, BUY IT NOW, because they aren’t making any more

00303_9OGnpaQVhU0_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00e0e_kywYeZBgry9_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00d0d_iiqcMY8lx5x_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00101_ciwq09DJMOc_0xq0t2_1200x900.jpg

00m0m_4Rtn5KeCrG7_0Bc0t2_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
this wont last long great price IMO
I know, my white 82 everyone wants to buy it. I saw this 2 hours after it was up, put a text in as I think he's probably got a few calls already. I was just going to get more info.

Reactions: RTP
It seems to be all there and really loved. Cant go wrong buying this, it would be just like money in the bank and accruing interest. but while having whole lot of fun!

It seems to be all there and really loved. Cant go wrong buying this, it would be just like money in the bank and accruing interest. but while having whole lot of fun!
If banks still paid interest :rofl:
id take the cruiser

Reactions: RTP
Seller never text me back, maybe 2nd thoughts or its already sold idk

Gone........someone will be happy with that!

Great truck at a fair price. I love my 40 and 100 series but I always find it funny when people see these as investments. Prices have gone down in the past 2 years on FJ40s. Not up. Hagerty and Hemmings support this. Hell BAT supports the above price based on comparables.

Great truck at a fair price. I love my 40 and 100 series but I always find it funny when people see these as investments. Prices have gone down in the past 2 years on FJ40s. Not up.
2 years? that's not really a time frame you can consider a car an investment, don't know of any vehicles that go up that fast. 5 years, they have gone up significantly. And recently it seems like the good original paint ones are gone as soon as they go up, so it's a sellers market there.

2 years? that's not really a time frame you can consider a car an investment, don't know of any vehicles that go up that fast. 5 years, they have gone up significantly. And recently it seems like the good original paint ones are gone as soon as they go up, so it's a sellers market there.
Ok I will qualify.
No matter the collectible car any original paint time capsule of car is easier to sell at a higher price than a daily driver level like the above (and mine) at a lower price.

In general, my 81, 40 is nearly identical to the one above. I paid 23,500 for it 2 years ago. It’s still worth in that range as given the haste at which the above one did sell. My point is they are fun cars but the idea that these are more liquid or lucrative than an interest bearing mutual fund Is off....barring you don’t have a 1 owner all paperwork original paint car.

Ok I will qualify.
No matter the collectible car any original paint time capsule of car is easier to sell at a higher price than a daily driver level like the above (and mine) at a lower price.

In general, my 81, 40 is nearly identical to the one above. I paid 23,500 for it 2 years ago. It’s still worth in that range as given the haste at which the above one did sell. My point is they are fun cars but the idea that these are more liquid or lucrative than an interest bearing mutual fund Is off....barring you don’t have a 1 owner all paperwork original paint car.

Wait lol, what the hell kind of fun can you have with a Mutual Fund! I think RTP bank interest statement was in jest. But consider this, if you are sitting on cash, the act of buying something that goes up even slowly in value is much better than buying something that won't at all. Satisfy that buying urge with something that gives you pleasure, while at the same time has no chance is losing money. Remember, you can't take it with you and you only live once.

Wait lol, what the hell kind of fun can you have with a Mutual Fund! I think RTP bank interest statement was in jest. But consider this, if you are sitting on cash, the act of buying something that goes up even slowly in value is much better than buying something that won't at all. Satisfy that buying urge with something that gives you pleasure, while at the same time has no chance is losing money. Remember, you can't take it with you and you only live once.
I concede to your valid point.
Looking at my FJ now makes me want to part with my 100 to make room for blue or green FJ.

I concede to your valid point.
Looking at my FJ now makes me want to part with my 100 to make room for blue or green FJ.

Excellent! I'll start looking for you as there is always pleasure seeing someone get a great deal on what they are looking for.

Great truck at a fair price. I love my 40 and 100 series but I always find it funny when people see these as investments. Prices have gone down in the past 2 years on FJ40s. Not up. Hagerty and Hemmings support this. Hell BAT supports the above price based on comparables.
THe point was not as deep as you are making it . The point was "this was a nice late model 40 i have seen at this price for some time on here, it will not last long and you cant go wrong with the purchase. " The point about the bank is you could leave your money in the bank or buy this and enjoy . NOt about mutual funds or comparing investiments. The point was simply not much can go wrong cause i believe you could resell this the next day and get all your money back and probably more if you decided the truck is just not for you. Also like upperblack said , banks dont give out much interest anymore for liquid savings accounts...thats the jest point. Also i do agree with you on the your points about the value of 40's over last two years, but that is how it goes. Up and down over short term. LOng term they have been going up. But i would challenge you , the 40 ( the late model 1981) you bought two years ago ......and it as nice as the one above . i bet you can sell it for more than the 23,500 you bought it for right now.

Also to Armycrpt point about investments , i agree on being careful making 40's investments. IT depends on the Truck.......what is frusttrating to me is that i see alot of rust buckets for sale for way to much .... with the sales pitch or claim that if you fix it up its worth 40K ..... and most of these folks are not builders and no clue how much time, effort and money it takes to get them there....if they even have the bones to ever be that.

RTP. I concur as a whole. The overpriced rust buckets that pop up are certainly not priced accordingly and if anything only make normal market data points all the more appealing; such as the above red 40 or my red 40 which is nearly identical to this one. (Repaint, excellent driver shape) I would ask 26k if I wanted to sell it fully expecting very close to the asking price. Quite frankly it’s not worth more. If you watch ebaymotors, BAT, Hemmings of what SELLs it justifies the above.

I don’t intend to ever own a trailer Queen fj40 because personally what’s the fun? But admittedly those are the best purchases for “investment.”

Anyway. All this conversation has led me too, I need to offload my 2006 lx470 soon and get another FJ40....in a different color of course. Maybe a partial trade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom