1980 Jeep J-20, any good? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds and looks like a great buy! Bed's worth that!

I would have done it ,SOMETIMES I'm a sucker for Dana axles, and although not a Chrysler man I tink it does have a TH400 tranny...hint ...hint...

Yep, TH400...I changed the filter and fluid. Adjusted the f.Axle bearings, adjusted the brakes, swapped in a new battery, plugs/wires, all new fluids in diff's, bled out brake fluid to new. Had to rig the ignition, rebuit the door inners to fix the windows. Etc. etc.

Looks & feels solid. Going to try and reg. soon, got a lot of stuff to MOVE. I like it.

Dont overload the dump box. It might not handle a full load. Try a little at a time to see what its limits are.

Dont overload the dump box. It might not handle a full load. Try a little at a time to see what its limits are.

Good advice, thanks.

Got plates yesterday and drove it a bit...all feels really tight/good. Just load as hell without mufflers. That is next.

Spud , hows that truck treating ya?
I had a Grand Wag with the 360 and Chrysler 727 trany. Great cheap transportation. I miss it once in a while. My .02, replace any old vacum lines.

Spud , hows that truck treating ya?
I had a Grand Wag with the 360 and Chrysler 727 trany. Great cheap transportation. I miss it once in a while. My .02, replace any old vacum lines.

Well, I fixed it up and it is ready to do some work....in the spring. I parked it for the winter.:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom