For Sale 1978 FJ40 SoCal Los Angeles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here we go again, not mine as before. This is the second FJ40 my barber has and is looking to sell. 68k miles, seems to be an AZ and CA truck. Rig is pretty complete, and seems to run well. Again I've known him for 15 years and he's always had love for these trucks. Here are some photos of it. Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to him too much about it since his barber shop was full of clients and I didn't want to keep him. Important contact info is in the photos. He's looking for 12k OBO for it. Again it is OBO, worst he can say is no. And he's genuinely a nice guy so don't be afraid to call him. His name is Jorge

EDIT: Forgot to mention it has the ambulance style doors in the back.. Don't know how I forgot to take a photo of the back D'oh!

image-3996488067.jpg

image-2453021903.jpg

image-3713199007.jpg

image-1897104314.jpg

image-222160939.jpg

image-564863160.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't ask the owner but I'm assuming so since it had current tags. Feel free to reach out to him with any questions.

-Sergio

If anyone needs additional photos let me know. Im off all week and can take photos after Sunday

Nah. I'm going to wait for the next one your barber has you Post up. This one looks way better than the first, so #3 will be awesome.

I would like to know what it has under the hood and if any updates done to the mechanical stuff. Also would be great to see some better photos of the interior and rear of the vehicle - you know all the typical spots where rust might occur.

Still makes me nervous being a 78 and having to get it smogged. But you're right it does have current tags just worried about the future.

Thanks!

I'll get more shots of the interior for you. As for rust spots, let me know where they are because I'm not familiar with these trucks as much as I'd like to be. I'll be more than happy to take some for you and post them.

I'll ask him to pop the hood and I'll ask as far as mechanical updates.

Still makes me nervous being a 78 and having to get it smogged. But you're right it does have current tags just worried about the future.

The seller is required to provide a smog certificate. Once they pass it's pretty easy to maintain the system. If you buy it, I'd recommend getting a quick backup test to make sure the seller's smog check is legit. No offense intended to the barber.

As for rust spots, let me know where they are because I'm not familiar with these trucks as much as I'd like to be.

Tops of the front fenders around the blinkers. There's a support underneath that holds moisture. Rear sill, above the lights and all the way across. Bottom of the bib. Bumps in the metal are as worrisome as actual holes. They indicate rust blooms coming from underneath.

That 40 is eat up with rust. Probably didnt spend its whole life out west. The rust spots on the cowl is the tale tale sign

thanks for the heads up, after coming from 80s still trying to learn the ins and outs of 40s and all the rust issues in finding a truck!

There's some rust but I wouldn't call it "eat(en) up with rust". The truck is sound mechanically, and the undercarriage is pretty nice. I'm not trying to hide anything, just trying to be truthful and help an old friend out.

If he's interested, I'd love to buy the hardtop and side panels? I could trade for a $1200 BestTop Full soft top with doors, or just buy it outright. I figured he would want a top still and be willing to trade out his hard.

Unfortunately I think he's only interested in selling complete. But give him a call, who knows he might be up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom