1978 FJ40 mostly stock FS in Arkansas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD!

Up for sale is my partially restored 1978 FJ40 in rustic green. Overall the truck is in good condition. This vehicle had all exterior body rust removed and was repainted in 2003. All of the body rubber was replaced at that time as well. It is mostly stock original with a few exceptions such as a DUI distributor & upgraded wires, headers, muffler and a black headliner. The upholstery front and back is original and in good condition with no major rips or tears. The engine was rebuilt by the local Toyota dealer about 15K miles ago. The engine has been desmogged and uses no oil. The four-wheel-drive is in very good condition with no issues (front hubs repacked recently). New items in the past year include:

• DUI distributor and Livewires
  • Master cylinder
  • Clutch master and slave cylinders
  • Wheels and tires (Regul, All Terrain 31 X 10.50)
  • Rear brake shoes
  • OEM gas tank and associated gaskets
  • New OEM running boards
  • OEM Shift boot
  • OEM Rear reflectors & badges
  • Fan belt

Body
Exterior body panels were cleaned up and all rust removed with no bondo prior to repaint. Some surface rust remains on the inside of the tub in typical areas but it is not cancerous and has been kept covered at various points with paint. The body tub bed floor in the back has been replaced with a piece of sheet steel that is nearly ¼ inch thick (see pix). One of the rear doors shows some rust at the bottom, but it is not spreading. The panels are straight with one exception (see photo) which was a recent boo-boo on the trail. A good dent person might get this out without painting. Top was repainted and has new rubber seals all around. The undercarriage is solid with no issues.
Front glass has a peck and some scratching due to the previous owner’s inability to change the wiper blades. Otherwise all of the glass is in good shape.

Interior
Headliner is like new, but not factory Headliner is like new, but not factory. Driver’s seat has small hole in cover on back of seat, left side. Other seats are in very good condition with no issues. No radio, but has radio blank. All dash gauges work, including dash light. Interior dome light is there, but not wired. Glove box is in good shape with light plug present.

Engine
As above, was rebuilt by Toyota dealer 15K miles ago. Has upgraded voltage regulator. All seals are good, no leaks. New fan belt. DUI Distributor / Live Wires. Starts fast, runs well. At the time of this listing am upgrading to Weber carb and intake. No known engine issues exist. The 4wd is in very good shape.

As with many such ‘Cruisers, I have spent a ton on little things. Lots of little stuff from SOR, Cool Cruisers.com, etc. This truck looks good, runs well, is a desirable year with good miles. If you are looking for a capable trail rig or one to continue restoration, this is a good one. Asking $12K OBO.
Call Greg for any questions or send PM. 501-993-1286. I can email more pix if interested.
IMG_1084.jpg
IMG_1093.jpg
IMG_1107.JPG

Last edited:
nice truck but you need to post a price to post here and i can't see one

I live in Batesville and would be interested depending on what you would take for OBO. Will be in LR this weekend. My home number i 870-698-0119.

Guys, I've dropped the price of this rig to move it. Just became a casualty of the new economy, and need to sell this fairly quick. I'd take $10K for it as it sits. The weber is in and it runs and drives very well. Its been my daily driver for a few weeks and its in good shape and ready to go. Call me or email me with an offer!
Home email is neucastle@sbcglobal.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom