For Sale 1978 bj 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome truck just made it in from Costa Rica. Soon to have clear Colorado title and plates. Runs great made it all the way here averaging 22 to the gallon. Looks great and has a nice bullguard. Drove it home with 5 people in it just to be sure it was well tested. So the Bad : Needs door latches, transfer case output shaft, and a bevy of very small bolt on interior/body items. The rear doors dont line up exactly either even after rebuiling the hinges so some alignment needed in had top. Engine/ drivetrain are great except for the transfer case output shaft and a few leaks. Silicon gasket maker had been used in pace o the true gaskets and after 5000 mexican topes its not dry underneath. The motor however doesn't burn any oil and runs great. Truck looks great and the floor is original nice. One new inconvenience acquired just since it made it to Colorado last week is a battery short somewhere that keeps draining the battery when its off. So come take a look and bring jumpers or a boost box. Asking $12,500
30905844-2.jpg
30905844-3.jpg

could you post pictures of the under sides and the gaskets that are silicone.. is this original paint, and maybe some interior pics.

Yeah I will have more pics up soon. I would like to sell quick price will go up as I fix everything myself. I haven't even cleaned the car out from the drive home. So i Realized it was just a bad battery and will put in a new one tonight and clean it and get better pics.
Scott

Gas or Diesel?

Hey Jack, good for you. Glad you got your Land Cruiser up there. I got so many hate post when I first posted my vehicle f'sale because like you, the photos had a CRAutos.com watermark on it. Some on this board even said that the Costa Rica Land Cruisers were not any good. They have no idea what they are talking about. My question is.......Gas or Diesel. I have buyers in the U.S. who want Diesels. Again, living here in Costa Rica for 4 years, I get a chance to see nice bj and fl series Diesels. If I can help you, let me know.

GringoSid,

I remember reading that post and it did sound a little fishy at first. I wouldn't be so quick to chastise the other MUD members as it seemed as though they were asking legitimate questions and expressing understandable doubts about a vehicle several thousand miles away. The intention was certainly not to talk down of Costa Rica cruisers though.

Bump for a good looking Diesel cruiser!

Best of luck with the sale.

Hey Jack, good for you. Glad you got your Land Cruiser up there. I got so many hate post when I first posted my vehicle f'sale because like you, the photos had a CRAutos.com watermark on it. Some on this board even said that the Costa Rica Land Cruisers were not any good. They have no idea what they are talking about. My question is.......Gas or Diesel. I have buyers in the U.S. who want Diesels. Again, living here in Costa Rica for 4 years, I get a chance to see nice bj and fl series Diesels. If I can help you, let me know.

bj = diesel

fj = gas

he posted as a bj.

I understand some of the sentiment about Costa Rica Cruisers not being what the should be. Mechanics will often take any shortcut possible and being tropical spec they lack heat and all amenities. have however tested this one out and drove it about 7000k on the way home so I think it is pretty well tested. Engine is great with a slight leak around oil pan. Axles and transfer/transmission are dry. Leak is small enough it was only down a tiny bit after a month and 3500k. Only thing I had to do to keep it going was change the oil once. Does have a couple small things I'm taking care of now such as door latches and drivers window regulator. The transfer case output shaft and all other things can be done my me or buyer. Will have title by the end of the month so at this point I am will to show it and start entertaining offers for when it is titled and plated. I jumped right back into working 10-12hour days as soon as I got home so hopefully in the next couple days I will have time to unload it and clean it and get some more pics up. Located in Boulder Colorado number 740-670-2253
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom