1975 FJ40 hard top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got a 1975 FJ40 and starting to tear into it. I have been looking for a FJ40 for 13 years I could afford and this one just happen to fall into my lap. It needs some work, it was struck by lightening and the the fiberglass top and passenger side jump seat was burned up in the process. I'm not so worried about the jump seat but the roof panel was badly damaged. I'm wondering if anybody has fabricated a sheet metal roof panel for the FJ40 and any advice on where to start. I have a limited budget but have had experience with fabrication. Thanks for any advice!

Welcome.

Would be far easier to post up in the wanted section and find a factory piece local to you.

Aqualu does not make an aluminum roof panel that I have seen. Maybe for an fj45 cab...

Way easier to get an original panel. It would take a lot of hours to fab one by hand, even with a shop and experience.

Where are you located, that might help you to help you ,help yourself.

a metal roof would also create a lot of interior heat, not to mention the added top weight

I'm new here, I just bought my 40 and it came with an '81 parts truck, it has a good panel, may need to replace the drip pan though.

You are far better off with another used top... 70ish to 84 share the same fiberglass top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom