Wanted 1973 Gas tank FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How quickly are you trying to get a gas tank? I have a tank that I have been holding onto that came from a 1972 rig but I won’t be able to get to it till I get to VA in March or early April.

I have several parts rigs with tanks, but no idea how good they are and probably not a shippable item...

I've got 2 of them on the shelf, not exactly sure which year they are from,
IIRCC they either bolted directly to them body or had riser brackets to the frame.
I've got no issue shipping one. commercial address would be better to ship to.

Last edited:
No rush since it’s away for the winter brine..I can take some pictures of which one I have. If I remember right it’s bolted into the frame. Will def need it shipped and maybe can get a commercial loading dock address

First pic is passenger side other is driver. Looking for a clean gas tank that doesn’t need any inside refurbishment please PM me 😁

Last edited:
the 2 I have attach to the frame with the brackets.

Bump...looks like 2 of need a tank that bolts to the body!

Are the early and later tanks the same? I need one for mock up now don’t care if it’s trashed inside pin holed etc. just need the shape and stuff..going to reproduce one out of aluminum trying to avoid down time with the truck.

No, I know the vents are different. On older ones two vents on each side and newer all four vents are on driver's side. I think you could work around that part, but I'm not sure of other issues between the two.

here's a pic of the later tank brackets. they bolt onto the top of the frame.

IIRCC the later tanks were slightly larger, maybe by 2 gallons, or I could be imagining this.

DSCF2566.JPG

Guess I’ll be draining the tank! Thank you. If there is a good one out there still game not to go custom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom