For Sale 1973 FJ40 4-linked, Orion, 37" Krawlers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have owned this truck for over 10 years now. I purchased it here on Mud from a member in Oregon. Best I can tell from talking to some of the West Coast folks the truck was originally from Colorado, then Northern California and then on to Oregon. The truck has a lot of modification and details so I will start front to back and try to remember everything. All the recent work on the truck was performed by PJ at M&M Offroad. (a lot of these pictures were taken at his shop)

Starting at the front, custom front bumper, 8274 winch w/ synthetic line, custom 4-link suspension using ORI struts and aluminum lower links front and rear. Full hydro steering (PSC) added. 37" red label Krawlers on 17" Walker Evans beadlocks. FJ40 front axle with original Bobby Longfields inside. ARB compressor and air lockers front and rear. FJ60 rear axle with Poly Performance shafts. 2F on propane, crazy reverse pattern four speed with Orion transfer case, built by Valley Hybrids. 4.56 with the differentials so that puts the crawl ratio a little over 100:1. Corbeau seats with 4 point harness, full cage tied to the frame, tire carrier swings down to the ground to help getting the tire off and giving access to the propane tank mounts.

I have spare parts, windshield and full soft top and doors for the truck, I just never run them anymore. Also have two bikini tops. I have changed and modified a lot on this truck over the last 10 years, so I am sure I am forgetting some things. Please reach out to me if you have any questions or want additional pictures. I am asking $17,500 for the truck. I also have a 18' superior built car hauler trailer is the buyer is interested in that.

This picture is the most recent, from SCC '18.

Good picture showing the approach and departure angles, and yeah the truck is so easy to drive, my 15 year old can drive it.

What tha???

Would also consider trades of other stockish 4x4 Toyotas. LCs, pickups and 4runners.

Yeah, unfortunately busy with other stuff in life right now. I'll be back, probably in just a few years.
Brother @CID96 I can't believe you're selling the 40 but I totally get what you're saying. I hope the 40 finds a good home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom