1971 FJ55 interior firewall question-and more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen in many photos of the interior firewall area on some pigs that appear to have a black piece of material, vinyl maybe (?) sound deadening, heat reducing pad from side too side on the vertical part of the firewall between the interior and engine compartment (behind the pedal assembly)......

My questions are; is this stock? if so, is it stock on all years?..... is it available either from one of the fellow piggie owners here or does someone like SOR or the like carry it??......is it snapped or glued in? and lastly, any idea how much one will set me back?

Thanks....just trying too gather up some absent interior items for my future 1971 pig build......oh yeah, still on the hunt for the elusive minty early dash pad, preferably for less than the $450-$500 SOR wants for one (argh!).....and I need the front parking lights in the grille......pm or e-mail me at ldearborn@clgi.biz if you have any of these odds and ends.....Regards, Lee

I have an extra firewall matt. It's got some tears but could be repaired pretty easily. You can have it for free, just pay shipping. I'll get a picture later today.
Oh and it attaches to the firewall with metal clips.

thanks for the offer Jacka, that could work!!.....I'll keep an eye out for the pics. e-mail or post here, either way.

I wonder if they are they still available new?....and if so, if they are an arm and a leg!?

These are some of the tabs that held it in place.

DSC09236.JPG

Have one in excellent condition in CO, no tears, from a '73. PM if interested. Also a full set of mats, including cargo area, in very good condition. Also have interior door panels in very good condition and uncut. A couple of minor tears that could easily be fixed by someone who does vinyl repairs. Clips included.

Have one in excellent condition in CO, no tears, from a '73. PM if interested. Also a full set of mats, including cargo area, in very good condition. Also have interior door panels in very good condition and uncut. A couple of minor tears that could easily be fixed by someone who does vinyl repairs. Clips included.

Jim, e-mail sent!

trollhole, thanks for the pics....were they the same all years??

My bad. I was super busy getting the 55 ready for the trip this weekend. I forgot to look for the matt. Sounds like there's a better one be offered up though. Mine is in fairly poor condition.

anyone have one for sale?

Does anyone have a nice firewall insulation mat for sale for my 71 piggy?? Also looking for kick panel trim pieces. Send me a pm or e-mail with pic and price...thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom