For Sale 1971 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have decided to sell my 40. 1971 FST, unknown miles, I would call it stock with the exception of the floor shift, rear bench, roll bar, Pertronix, and the coil. Starts and runs well, literally 50 miles since Mark rebuilt the carb. Compression is 125 to 130 in all but cylinder 3 and 5. Those are at 100/105. Rear sill is shot, as well as the DS rear end of the bed. I cut out the rusted part of the rear corners but then went ahead and installed the diamond plate corners. Seats were redone with the SOR kits and I had the back panels powder coated Pewter Gray. Tires are a year old and have about 100 mikes on them. $7500, PM me if interested.

Thanks, Mike

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

Your avatar shows a top and doors. Not mentioned in ad.

You are correct, I have the hard top and hard doors as well as the spare tire carrier. All are included.

Cool. How are the steering and brakes? Good enough to drive home?

I used to have a dune beige '71. I really liked that truck

Mark, I don't know how to answer that. I feel fine driving it around town, but when you really have to jump on the brakes it gets a bit squirrelly. I don't think that is an actual word but hopefully you know what I mean. The steering has a bit of play but not a whole lot. I'll post more pictures tonight after work.

I have attached some photos of the rusted out areas. The frame has surface rust only as far as I can tell. The transfer case lever is the original vacuum operated unit under the dash by the e-brake. It works great.

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

More pics...

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

Sold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back