1968 FJ40 bench seat supports (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alex Waddell

SILVER Star
Threads
I am repairing a 1968 bench seat. The front & side supports were broken off so I am welding on new ones.
But I am not sure if the support shown below connects to anything or not.
And if not, did it have a rubber bumper on it?
Please post a picture of the way yours contacts the floor if you can.
1644851940305.png

I am repairing a 1968 bench seat. The front & side supports were broken off so I am welding on new ones.
But I am not sure if the support shown below connects to anything or not.
And if not, did it have a rubber bumper on it?
Please post a picture of the way yours contacts the floor if you can.
View attachment 2924709
I just bought one from toyota yesterday, picking up today. Part # in this thread. There IS a rubber cushion that is supposed to go in that hole.

I just bought one from toyota yesterday, picking up today. Part # in this thread. There IS a rubber cushion that is supposed to go in that hole.

Thanks for letting me know! I will order the part for sure.
Unfortunately I already welded on a new support tube and I didn't leave any room for the bumper. But I have not painted it yet so I guess I can still cut it shorter & re-weld.

Please post a picture of rubber cushion when you get it. Here is the bottom of a 71 seat I have loose. The 69 seat I purchased for my 68 shortly after buying it is store away. I do not remember a rubber cushion but I pulled the bench seat out in favor of 74 buckets back in 1983.
20220323_165416.jpg

Please post a picture of rubber cushion when you get it. Here is the bottom of a 71 seat I have loose. The 69 seat I purchased for my 68 shortly after buying it is store away. I do not remember a rubber cushion but I pulled the bench seat out in favor of 74 buckets back in 1983.
View attachment 2960974

This is what I pulled out of the hole from my '69

IMG_3625.jpg

I just ordered the bumper from the dealer. I will take a picture and post it when I get it in.

I just ordered the bumper from the dealer. I will take a picture and post it when I get it in.
Here is the bumper for the bench seat frame that I just got in.
20220324_203025.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom