1965 FJ40 Carb linkage detail pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Krondor

SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking for some detailed pictures of the SD40 to gas pedal linkages. I believe I have everything but I wanted to make sure I am hooking everything up correctly.

The way I currently have it hooked up creates some occasional binding with the gas pedal. I don't know if I just need some stiffer return springs or what. But for now it's a safety issue.

Thanks.

there were 2 versions of the early linkage,
1 went straight thru the firewall
and
1 went thru the firewall towards the bellhousing

assuming you have the later, there is a small link at the pedal that gets worn as it is metal on metal and the hole gets elongated and the rod on the pedal assembly wears out.

both of them go flat under the manifold, then pivot and go straight up to the carb, there are 2 springs at the pivot on the side of the block

Thanks. I have the one that goes thru the firewall towards the bell housing. There is a fair amount of play where each of the links join. Was there some sort of bushing at these points? I can't tell from the picture on SORs website. I have taken care of the wear/flat spot issue by welding back up the joints and filing them back round.

1587038445390.png

Also do you know where I could find the correct springs, L? along with the firewall grommet, X?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom