For Sale 1963 FJ40L (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1963 FJ40 Land cruiser in this unrestored condition is truly hard to find. The 1963 is one of the earliest FJ40 models in the US. It even has the original hard to find top. If you want a different FJ40 from your friends than this is it. If you know someone with one, that's amazing.
I pressure washed the paint off in preparation to restore it. now It shows surface rust on the surface only. There is the typical rust on the rear lower door sill and inside only on the leading edge of the fender wells. The underside was undercoated and has no rust. I just don't have the time now. It starts and drives fine but needs the brakes serviced. Needs a muffler and some wiring. $5500 Firm
Call Richard 541 969 4893
SAM_3786.JPG
photo 2.JPG
SAM_3795.JPG
SAM_3844.JPG

According to your VIN, this is a '62.

Interesting. I went by the title and the plate showing the model as a 1963. I never found much info back this far. What numbers are you looking at that indicate it's a 62?
Dennis

The 2 before the fj40 on the frame and vin tag, very common to be titled the following year as these rigs didnt always sell right away. Should have the early manual windows, search a little here, there is a wealth of good info!

I have looked for info but could only get back to 65.
So I understand it would be dated when it sold. 62 sold in 63.
Did the dealer stamp the firewall tag with a 1963 stamp when sold?
Is this something I should be keeping. Seems like buyers want the late 70's with options but you don't see many of the early ones for sale to compare to.
Its really a solid FJ. I drive it around the farm once in a while just for fun. Exciting with no brakes, but it has a good E-brake.

I see the stamped data tag "1963". But the 2 at the beginning of the VIN historically represents the year. I'm certain that Toyota probably used what they had going into 1963. Either way, cool truck. Should have the white face speedometer and center rear diff. The stamped bezel is E-63.

Any pics of the interior, under the hood, and better pics of rust? Thanks.

I have to say that is cool! Where are you located?

The pictures show the rust on the rear below the door and the leading edge of the inner wheel wells.

SAM_3821.JPG

SAM_3822.JPG

SAM_3823.JPG

SAM_3824.JPG

SAM_3825.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom