1961 FJ40 Hardtop.....rattle can rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome to see this cool little rig get a proper new home. Enjoy and keep us posted.

I started a new thread in the FJ40 section as well. Thanks again Jack.

For those who were fans of the rattle can rebuild, I've decided to sell the little red truck. I'm more interested in the 61 finding the right home to care for her than I am a quick sale. So, my not quite advertisement is buried in my other thread. Any fans of "Jack's truck" or residents down here in the 25 section interested?

Contemplating sale of "Jack's truck"

Replaced the shackle bushings all around and cleaned up the shackles. Got new shocks too.View attachment 1870421 View attachment 1870422 View attachment 1870423
Is that the stock shock mount location on the rear axle, on the spring perch? The previous owners of my 40 did a barnyard spring over conversion, and there are some funky home made lower shock mounts. Im thinking about changing the springs back spring under, but i'm not sure where the shock mounts go. Was looking at shock mount on the U Bolt plate as i've seen in later model years, SOR has set of heavy duty ones listed.

It's on the spring perch.
Thanks, much appreciated! This whole thread is extremely helpful. Trying to stay stock, and work with what been done to it over the past 70yrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom