For Sale $19,995 2005 LC 100 - 211,000 Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
Silver
Hey Mud,

Came across this 2005 Land Cruiser during a Dallas Craigslist search. Talked with the owner and he said he installed a newer engine with approx. 150,000 miles on it. Clean title and rust free according to the owner. No third row seats. Want this truck to go to someone who can take care of and utilize it properly.

Would purchase myself but just don't have the capital currently saved up.

Let me know what you guys think.

00s0s_cckK9uCvvjpz_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg

Thanks for posting this @boomersooner3

The ad doesn’t mention the engine replacement, but if I recall when I saw it the first time around it was included in the text. Maybe I’m wrong, but I wanted to clear the red flag before proceeding.

@ryanCA @SEAWOLF Apparently something happened with the radiator that caused the original engine to die (can't recall exactly). Current owner said the damaged radiator and engine have been replaced. He was open to a multi point inspection at Toyota so doesn't sound like anything is intentionally being hidden from buyers.

There's a small chance I could be wrong about the engine replacement - it is strange that the swap isn't mentioned in the post description. It's been a couple weeks since I talked to him.

I've had several text message exchanges with this gentleman after originally inquiring about this rig when he had it listed at $25,000 about a month ago. He really doesn't provide much information at all. I don't mean to sound negative, but I'd avoid this. Anytime someone won't/can't tell you about a vehicle's maintenance history, it's probably not a good sign. There's always exceptions to the rules, but why bother when another well maintained truck will come along if your patient?

I've had several text message exchanges with this gentleman after originally inquiring about this rig when he had it listed at $25,000 about a month ago. He really doesn't provide much information at all. I don't mean to sound negative, but I'd avoid this. Anytime someone won't/can't tell you about a vehicle's maintenance history, it's probably not a good sign. There's always exceptions to the rules, but why bother when another well maintained truck will come along if your patient?
Fair point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom