16+ LX with the dreaded 21s, how long do they last? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Subject explains it all. I'm at about 24k on my LX, mainly easy interstate miles, and looks like I have a few thousand miles left on the original set. Not looking to debate pros or cons (I know... mainly cons). Just looking to get a feel for how long the treadlife last for everyone. Thx in advance.

Wife traded her LX on a new one at 36,700 miles. The OEM tires (same as yours) were nearing replacement. Probably would have gone another 4-5k miles maximum.

Fwiw- In researching service history on 10+ Lx570s in the past few weeks I noticed many of them replaced original tire sets between 20-30k miles.

They last as long as it takes you to get to the tire store and replace them with 18 or 20 inch wheels and tires

I’m honestly surprised it took that long for someone to post this comment. Haha.

Fwiw- In researching service history on 10+ Lx570s in the past few weeks I noticed many of them replaced original tire sets between 20-30k miles.

Thanks. That’s good info. I was expecting closer to 20k, but in the end I may be closer to 30k before I swap tires. That’s surprising on a vehicle this heavy on that type of tire.

Thanks. That’s good info. I was expecting closer to 20k, but in the end I may be closer to 30k before I swap tires. That’s surprising on a vehicle this heavy on that type of tire.
If it helps, I just pulled a service history on a 2013 yesterday and the original tires were replaced at 21,000. Suppose it all depends on how you drive them but those stock tires seem to go pretty quick. I think a LT E rated tire like a Michelin Defender would last at least 2x maybe 3x longer.

If it helps, I just pulled a service history on a 2013 yesterday and the original tires were replaced at 21,000. Suppose it all depends on how you drive them but those stock tires seem to go pretty quick. I think a LT E rated tire like a Michelin Defender would last at least 2x maybe 3x longer.

Yes. I traded my 14 in on a 16. Stock Dunlop’s on the 14 went at 24k-25k IIRC. Those were 20 inch. I replaced them with another option. Surprised to see slightly more life out of the 21 inch Dunlop’s, but I’m locked into replacing with more Dunlop’s unless I want to change to a new wheel size or someone else produces an alternative in that size in the next few months. (Not likely).

According to this sticker that was on my window on my 2018 Lexus at least 20,000 maybe a little more

C2240BAC-91C8-4BDF-9FE8-0B3D4ECF5B60.jpeg

Theres nothing like setting expectation from the get-go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom