16 LC Rear Pass side AV Sound Problems when using headsets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw couple people mentioning having problems with rear passenger side AV when using headset which is making crackly noise every couple seconds. I have used them for the first time today and have noticed the same problem.

Did anyone worked with a dealer and found a solution yet?

Just picked ours up yesterday and has the same issue. Anxious to find issue. Tried 4 Difft headsets on both monitors and only did it on passenger side

Sent from my iPhone

Perhaps this is the kind of thing that can happen on a seemingly "wide scale," when the entire US market is only a few thousand units.... :(

Sent an e-mail to Toyota. Will let you know when I get a response. Meantime, lets keep documenting here everyone with the problem and if anyone got a fix and if your dealer proposed a solution. I have an appointment on 2/6 to see my dealer.

This might not be isolated to 2016's as our 2015 LX does this on the 2nd row passenger side also. We've found if you turn your head toward the center it improves it somewhat. We've tried multiple headsets and they all experience the same thing in this seating position.

I have not given it too much thought but think the headset's receiver is on the right hand side away from the transmitter. My son has not watched a movie in a while but next time I plan to have him wear the headset backwards (right headphone on left ear, left on right) and see if that fixes it. Just a thought.

This might not be isolated to 2016's as our 2015 LX does this on the 2nd row passenger side also. We've found if you turn your head toward the center it improves it somewhat. We've tried multiple headsets and they all experience the same thing in this seating position.

I have not given it too much thought but think the headset's receiver is on the right hand side away from the transmitter. My son has not watched a movie in a while but next time I plan to have him wear the headset backwards (right headphone on left ear, left on right) and see if that fixes it. Just a thought.

Will play around tomorrow with different directions of the headset and see if it makes a difference. good tip to try.

There are 2 channels on each headphone.... Try a different one; should fix it (so if set to channel 1, switch channel 2)

There are 2 channels on each headphone.... Try a different one; should fix it (so if set to channel 1, switch channel 2)

Can you please share how to change channels? I have looked at headphones including the battery cover, look all setting in remote control, nav screen. Probably it is something very obvious I am not seeing.

I have '13 LX 570 but presume similar headphones.... one side of the earphone has on/off button, the other has 1/mute 2 channel toggle... toggle up/down to change channel....

I have '13 LX 570 but presume similar headphones.... one side of the earphone has on/off button, the other has 1/mute 2 channel toggle... toggle up/down to change channel....

Haha looks like cost savings from Toyota and we don't get those additional Lexus perks like two channel headphones ;) No switch here.

No toggle on my '16 LC headphones.

May belong on SQOD thread, but can the front, left rear, and right rear all run different media at the same time? In other words -- can I listen to Pandora while one passenger watches a DVD and another listens to satellite radio (or whatever)?

If not, then I have found on mine that turning on the left rear system and running both screens simultaneously seems to correct the right side audio malfunction.

All of this just re-affirms my initial reaction to those crazy screens...which is...
Why not just offer secure mounts for tablets?

I don't get it...considering...

-No more fuss with a completely separate system in the car...
-Most who can afford new LC's already have tablets anyway...

Why limit that massive screen area to passive viewing?

Vitally was spot on. Looks like Toyota dropped the ball with headsets given to us. One of them works only on driver side (channel A). The other one probably should be set up for channel B but somehow works on either screen (passenger being worse). Looks like it works on similar frequency as the first one as quality of the sound is improving closer you get to driver side and starts breaking up on the passenger. So we have two headsets for driver side.

I went to Best Buy and bought two channel set (Audiovox MTG-HP2CA $46). Each channel works only on one side and there is no longer any problems. At least didn't seem like when I have played with the system for about 10 minutes watching a movie. For sure don't let the dealer take your screens apart.

UPDATE: $20 on Amazon. Go there to buy.
http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-Wireless-Fold-Flat-Headphones-Batteries/dp/B00LDDE4LY

Last edited:
Quick update. Called Toyota and explained them that I have saved them money but not letting clueless dealer replace screen. Faxed them the receipt for couple headphones ($100) and today they have called me back that they have approved it and will send me a check in 4-5 weeks.

Quick update. Called Toyota and explained them that I have saved them money but not letting clueless dealer replace screen. Faxed them the receipt for couple headphones ($100) and today they have called me back that they have approved it and will send me a check in 4-5 weeks.

Luke, can we please plagiarize your letter? Please let us know what it said and where you sent it. My replacement phones are coming from Amazon tomorrow.

No letter. I have called customer service at 800-331-4331. Customer service found me in the system as the owner and thank me for being a loyal customer and asked how they can help. Mentioned that dealer wanted to replace the screen to fix the problem, but I felt uncomfortable them taking brand new car seat apart so I have decided to troubleshoot myself. I have bought different headphones to narrow problem to a device and discovered the replacement headphones worked perfectly so made an investment into new sets and I would like them to refund me for the costs. Still cheaper than paying dealer for new screen. They have asked to fax receipt and reference case # they have given me. They have promised to call back with 2-3 days. Two days later got the call that they have reviewed the case and my receipt and it is approved.

The girl named Magda was very professional both times we have talked and seem to care about a proper resolution. Very Lexus type experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom