15" rims on 93+ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone here with a 93+ put on any 15" rims? I know you just gotta grind the rear caliper, but I'm curious to know how much you had to grind. This is definitely the route I'm taking (yup, selling all rims and tires currently in use :flipoff2: :eek: :D ) and going to 15's.

Fess up please! :D

Junk,

The answer is that it depends on the 15" wheel you select. I have heard that 1/8" in spots is common. A friend used 15" American Eagles (?) for a while and he said grinding the calipers was necessary and in retrospect he felt grinding was a mistake. He is now running 17" wheels with 37" tyres.

-B-

Junk,
Kinda curious as to why the 15" rims??
is it because there is more tire selections available??
just wundering??

B - yeah, that's why I'm asking for someone that's actually done it. My next ? was going to be which rims, bs etc they went with. I'm going to go with beadlocked 15" rims.

Ed - sorry dude, but your screen name is way to long to type :D.
Better selection, better price, better availability.

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=3680;start=0#msg26918 date=1058298025]
Better selection, better price, better availability.

[/quote]

... and don't forget the lower load rating ;)

Rattle can Steelies with 36s going up for grabs?

I have done it and I can assure you it is not a little bit of grinding. Even I got scared. :eek: I had steel wheels with 3.25" backspace and it still took a lot. Also, depends on how much pad is left on the brakes when you test.

I am now running the 15" wheels on the ShortBus, but I do have 1.5" spacers on each side, so no more interference.

[quote author=Curran link=board=2;threadid=3680;start=0#msg26926 date=1058298645]
... and don't forget the lower load rating ;)

Rattle can Steelies with 36s going up for grabs?
[/quote]
You buying? :-* .... yup, will be pimping them soon. Rattle can OEM steelies and 36" bias ply TSL's :D

If it scares Christo,[glow=red,2,300]I'M OUT[/glow] :eek:

[quote author=sleeoffroad link=board=2;threadid=3680;start=0#msg27045 date=1058316638]
I have done it and I can assure you it is not a little bit of grinding. Even I got scared. :eek:
[/quote]
You scared? Oh, no no no :eek: :D.

Just figured that steelies with a bigger bs may fit better. Thought I remember hearing from Nolen that alloys would require a wicked grind session while the steelies would be just quick flap disc away from being done.

Curran - load ratings are over rated in my book. :p :D

It is possible that there are certain wheels that might fit better than others. Mine was custome 10" wide wheels. As I recall, the centers were welded in with the rim oposite to what it is normally used as. ie. outside was now inside. This might be why they were so close.

Unless you can really not find the tire you want in a 16" I don't think the money savings on buying 15" wheels & tires is worth effort to mess with the calipers that much.

Also, adding the spacers in the rear allowed the tires to go past the frame and not rub. But then I don't have flares to worry about :D

On the ShortBus I could not find a 40" tire in 16". Only think close was a MT/R in 40" but that was on a 17" wheel. DIdn't have the money for those suckers.

I too have done the grind and you do have to take off quite a bit. I have 15" american racing 767's with a 3.25" BS. I think overall I took off about .5-.75" off the top. I havent had any reprocutions from doing it and I drive my rig everyday. I beleve i've put on 5kMi since its been done. It took about four hours to do. Just grind and check then grind and check for clearance. Happy grinding.

-Bryan

Mr Bryan.

3/4" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dude, put down the pipe. Why oh why didn't you go with something that had some more bs? That's a heck of a lot of grinding! Maybe you just dig the grinder? :p

Welp, they fit, and I got some more spare bits for trail fixes, so it looks like the 36's are definitely going bye-bye and we're tossing on new rubbers. XL size :flipoff2: :-X

.....oh never mind . 8)

Just post some pics , will ya ?!

T

Tyler takes a brief rest from his cross stitching and this is all we get.... a pad post. Tsk Tsk Tsk curtain lad, just for that, we're going to take away your pink and purple neons. :eek: :D :D

I liked watching all of the sparks! it was fun. No seriously I had tried on a set of 15x10 wheels and they fit in the front and not thinking, i figgured they would fit in the back because hey there is always bigger breaks in front then in back. Well, after ordering a wheel and tire package from desert rat, the 15's didnt fit so I was pissed and I made them fit basically. But everything works fine so I'm not complaining.

-Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom