12v Power Outlet Not Working (Cig Lighter and 115v Outlets Work Fine) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

The 12V Power Outlet which is below the cigarette lighter on my LC200 has never worked since I got the car. I have done a lot of research on this forum and other places on the internet but can't find any answers. So I got a chance to open the console today and check all the components to see what's wrong with it:

- The fuse is fine (Fuse No. 26, 15a)
- The fusible link behind the port itself is fine. I hooked it up to the connector for the cigarette lighter and it worked fine.
- The cig. lighter port (12v) works fine
- The 115v outlet in the rear works fine
- Just to be sure I changed the fuse and hooked up another power outlet and it still didn't work.

I checked the wiring diagram and realized that there is a relay in the main body ecu (cowl side l/h junction box). I found this in the wiring diagram of the inner assembly of the junction box (pic below).

Since the fuse is fine, and the port is also fine I suspect that the relay is the culprit.

Does anyone have experience fixing this? Could the problem something that I am missing and not the relay?
Does anyone know if I take out the junction box, will I be able to open it and replace the relay?

I appreciate your help in advance.

Wiring diagram of the 12v power outlet:

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 10.08.46 PM.png

Location of the main body ecu (cowl side LH junction box):

original.jpg

Wiring diagram of the inner circuit of main body ECU:

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 10.20.59 PM.png

I don’t have experience replacing that relay, but I’m curious if you’d considered to just re-wire the cig socket to an add-a-fuse at this point?
I've thought about that, I'm worried about the current draw though. The cigarette lighter wires are very thin. I will have 4 devices plugged at the same time: 2 phones, 1 ipad, and 1 camera battery charger with 3 batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom