12ht low boost problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi fellas,
i put a boost gauge on a while back but didn't hook it up correctly,i was losing pressure.
I haven't had much time to look at it lately but i had a fiddle last week and this week.Ive replaced all vac lines,today i finally got the fittings for the boost gauge.
Last week i ran compressed air into boost gauge to check its working right,yes it is.
I ran air into wastgate pipe,it seemed to work ok but the bracket on the wastgate does flex a little:hmm:
So today with the boost gauge hooked up right etc i took it for a run,we live on a mountain and 2nd gear under load 2-3000rpms i can manage max 4psi.
I have a boost controller on the way and i shimmed the wastegate about 5mm last week to see if it helped.
Its a 12ht factory fitted sahara,new fuel filter today also.
What going on,factory is 7-8psi.
Any thoughts are welcome:beer::beer:

maybe some of the vac lines went back in the wrong places? I was trying to get a diagram of the vacuum lines a while back but no one seemed to have one. I had a low boost issue as well and this was the cause. hope this helps.

c

Some steps to follow
Come back down to VIC,
Drop engine,
put 2H in,
drive home,
sssslllllooooooooowwwwwwwllllyyyy.

Sorry not really helping

Thanks toy45 big help:rolleyes::D:D:D
I replaced the vac lines one at a time,im sure there good but which ones or one did you have trouble with kidishi?
Will do today tapage,if i get low boost still,where next,manifold leak? Turbo?

Or tapage do i wind the fuel up to see if it helps?

PS: I replaced the turbo seals about 18months back also,its been working fine(well it does work) but could i have put a seal in the wrong spot,it was quite simple.

Ok disconnected wastegate line,wired it shut went and picked my boy up from school.
Turbo kicks in at 1500rpm,its not making hardly any boost until 2000rpm,at 25-3000rpm under load on a hill the best i could get was 10psi.

Cracked exhuast housing preventing the wastegate flap from sealing?
Intake restriction?
Generally gummed up turbo?
Exhaust restriction?
Boost leak?

Ok disconnected wastegate line,wired it shut went and picked my boy up from school.

keep in mind the force that apply the wastegate there .. ( wastegate flap over the turbine housing ) be sure you tight it really well ..

An interesting development,since it wasn't boosting so much i left the wastegate wired up fore a few days,driving 1-2 hours the next morning to work on a long up hill i had 10lbs on the gauge then the factory overboost light came on!!!
I left it like that the rest of the week and was careful not to let the overboost light come on.
Im working away from home and driving it everyday and haven't had time to check it out again,end of this week im finished on the job im on then off outback for 3 weeks after a week of working on the 61 getting her ready.
So somehow i must still have a leak somewhere but i have no idea where,all new vac lines,boost guauge line,i'll see how i go next week with it with some time on my hands:hmm:

cheers goldchaser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom