12HT into a 40, all finished. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally finished and engine started, all Toyota parts & mechanicals used.

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

all Toyota parts & mechanicals
Erm, the IP rack dampener.??

Just kidding, bloody well done, If mine comes out half as well, I would die a happy man.
Best of luck and many happy beach miles.
G

Looks extremely nice in there. Nice work.

That combination of body and engine....very nice.

Just a quick question though: is that ok, for the upper rad hose to have a slight bend like that?

Erm, the IP rack dampener.??

Just kidding, bloody well done, If mine comes out half as well, I would die a happy man.
Best of luck and many happy beach miles.
G

The throttle dampener is on, will take a photo for you, the cold idle up works great as does the power steering idle up.

That combination of body and engine....very nice.

Just a quick question though: is that ok, for the upper rad hose to have a slight bend like that?

Its fine, the engine was cold when these photos were taken, the silicone hoses are a lot softer then the rubber ones, once pressure builds up in the radiator it expands, the bottom hose is suction, this top hose is return.

Very cool Watrob, if your coming to coast for a cruise, call me, I'll be happy to be navigator, awesome effort , well done
Will give you a call when I am next up at the beach which should be in the next couple weeks

Nice........how hard was to the wiring to the 40 cluster and any of the dash switches I would like to do an moded xtend cab 45 project on the 61 chasis and the wiring would be my only stumbling block.

I used a HJ47 wiring loom that I was using for my 2H, I changed the pin outs of the 2h fuel relay plug on the loom to accommodate the larger plug on the 12ht fuel relay. I then altered the circuit board on the 2h glow timer relay module so it activated the VSV switch to turn the 12ht off and on (the 2H had an edic)

I install the low oil pressure cut off switch which the 2H uses and screwed it into the same place on the 12HT, the HJ47 wiring loom already incorporates this feature.

I installed the 2 glow relays to suit the 12HT which connect straight onto the HJ47 wiring loom also.

If your installing a diesel and a 40 series body I would stay with the 40 series wiring loom, just make sure its a diesel loom and a 1982 to 1984 version.

Last edited:
Well done sir. Well done.

Well done sir. Well done.

Thank you, I managed to keep everything Toyota, 40 series chassis & body, 60 series engine & power steering, 75 series5 speed transmission and t-case, 80 series suspension, outside of this was FOX Shocks & Harrop/Eaton E-Lockers and a 40 series diesel wiring loom with some 60 series relays & controls.

Wow, just wow. I would love to take a ride in that rig! I bet you really get to feel the torque of that 12H-T in the 40!

That's the dream right there....just in a 47 ute :D

Did you consider using the h55f? Was it too far back for the floor pan?

That's the dream right there....just in a 47 ute :D

Did you consider using the h55f? Was it too far back for the floor pan?

I did, its a H55f coarse spline 5 speed out of a 75 series.

IMG_2150.jpg

With 5th gear at 0.845:1 ratio, this is going to be one fast 40 with 33" wheels?

I did, its a H55f coarse spline 5 speed out of a 75 series.

View attachment 953372

With 5th gear at 0.845:1 ratio, this is going to be one fast 40 with 33" wheels?
Yeah ok, did they link up ok I thought the input shaft was different on the 75 but the ratios matched the 40's?

I've seen a few 75 H55f conversions into the hj47s but none look as good as the job you've done there, did you use a 5 speed 40 floor plate or go custom? Yours looks incredibly good.

I can imagine that rig crushing the road into submission with the stock 32 road gripper and split rims.

I used 47 series L side brackets and the cross member from a 60 series. The 40 series chassis at this point is wider than the 47 series chassis and if the use the 47 cross member you have to pack it out.

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

This next photo gives you an idea of the clearances when using a 5 speed.

IMG_1739.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom