12ht glow wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, new to the forum. I work at a shop in LA and we are converting an hj60 to a 12ht this guy got from austrailia. Ive got all thje wiring, switches etc etc. Im trying to wire up the preheat timer and have most of the wires figured out, anyone able to help me with a pinout of that timer? the diagrams i have dont match. also need to figure out the wiring of the vacuum switches. im learning more about how the system works by reading online, but wiring for the engine seems to be hard to find. any info is greatlyt appreciated!!

Heres what i have so far on the timer...
black/yellow - switched 12v
black/white - 12v when cranking
brown - ground
yellow/black - from charge lamp relay
black/red x2 - the glow solonoids
yellow/red - coolant temp sensor?

the 2 im fuzzy on are the yellow, and the red/blue

one has to goto the glow lamp, but whats the other, and which is which?!

Mark

If the truck is going to live near LA, you won't need the glow system at all. The 12H-T should fire up nicely down to 30F. One of the advantages of direct injection.

from what i read this is true, but the owner drives it up to the mountains frequently, so 30deg may not be out of the ordinary if not lower...i need to hoow it up. And I need to figure out the wiring for the 3 vacum solonoirs ive got. One is on the valve cover which is the shut off valve from what i get, powered with key on, and off when turned off.

there is one on the fender that i think is an idle up solonoid for a/c? which again would be easy to wire if thats what it is, and then there is a white one with 2 vacuum hoses and 2 vacuum sensors, both share the same vacuum line, and both have 1 wire. thoughts?

Mark

well after spending much time on this forum i found the manual i needed and downloaded it which had exactly the diagram i needed and I also found all the info on the vacuum solonoids i needed. The fender one is an a/c idle up solonoid, the sensors are for the turbo indicator on the dash, but im still lost on teh white sensor.....

Mark

well after spending much time on this forum i found the manual i needed and downloaded it which had exactly the diagram i needed and I also found all the info on the vacuum solonoids i needed. The fender one is an a/c idle up solonoid, the sensors are for the turbo indicator on the dash, but im still lost on teh white sensor.....

Mark

The white sensor you describe is probably an air filter vacuum sensor - its there to tell you the air filter is clogged.

Thats it, it explains that light on the cluster, heh. Thanks!! The only one i got left is the sensor on the vacuum tank, a 1 wire sensor, thoughts on where that goes to? I figure its to some kind of warning? like the brake warning light?

Mark

Thats it, it explains that light on the cluster, heh. Thanks!! The only one i got left is the sensor on the vacuum tank, a 1 wire sensor, thoughts on where that goes to? I figure its to some kind of warning? like the brake warning light?

Mark

Yep.

Rob

Sweet, thanks for the help. Because of all the info I found on this site I've been able to wire up every sensor and switch as it was from toyota including the stock glow controller. This is definatly one of the better forums ive been at, with tons of awsome info! I will be letting the owner know about this site. Thanks again!!

Mark

I'm having similiar problems after re-installing my 12ht into my landcruiser after the previous owner removed it ~2yrs ago!
I tried to get my glow grill working and in the process somehow broke a fuseable link up near the battery. Does anyone know what amps these links are rated to?
Still a little fuzzy about how exactly to get the glow system working, anyone got any pics or info that might help?

great

i live in Los Angeles and i am trying to figure out the exact same thing on my 12ht, do you have a shop in Los Angeles? i would like for you to take a look at my rig. the engine is now being rebuild so it will be a couple of months before i am ready. i will send you a pm. :cheers:

Sweet, thanks for the help. Because of all the info I found on this site I've been able to wire up every sensor and switch as it was from toyota including the stock glow controller. This is definatly one of the better forums ive been at, with tons of awsome info! I will be letting the owner know about this site. Thanks again!!

Mark

Sorry for the low detail , I can post the complete pics later .
HJ-61 027.jpg

Thanks Prado!
Is that red wire the positive or the negative?
It looks like a positive because it is red, but it would be great to confirm..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom