12HT fuel pre-filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Paco

SILVER Star
Threads
I previously had an in-line fuel filter installed before my factory filter and removed it when it clogged at SAS this summer. Thanks again @CenTXFJ60 for your help!

Since I run B20 bio thinking it is good to reinstall one to catch crud before it gets to my factory filter.

I was having a hard time getting one locally so ending up finding the exact one I had from a source in the UK. Makes sense since my HJ61 is euro spec and it was already installed when I got it.

In a bourbon induced state I ordered 3 of them so I would always have a spare to avoid the same situation I had this this summer. Unfortunately I failed to notice that the tails were 12mm which is 1/2” and my fuel lines are 3/8”. Damn metric system!!! (Or maybe damn bourbon…)

IMG_7382.PNG

Not an easy return back overseas so I was planning on still using them by installing brass 1/2” to 3/8” reducers just at the filter. This is all on the low pressure side before it gets to the factory filter.

Question is will having 1/2” ID lines at my pre-filter negatively affect the fuel system since everything else is 3/8”?

Last edited:
View attachment 2811383I previously had an in-line fuel filter installed before my factory filter and removed it when it clogged at SAS this summer. Thanks again @CenTXFJ60 for your help!

Since I run B20 bio thinking it is good to reinstall one to catch crud before it gets to my factory filter.

I was having a hard time getting one locally so ending up finding the exact one I had from a source in the UK. Makes sense since my HJ61 is euro spec and it was already installed when I got it.

In a bourbon induced state I ordered 3 of them so I would always have a spare to avoid the same situation I had this this summer. Unfortunately I failed to notice that the tails were 12mm which is 1/2” and my fuel lines are 3/8”. Damn metric system!!! (Or maybe damn bourbon…)

Not an easy return back overseas so I was planning on still using them by installing brass 1/2” to 3/8” reducers just at the filter. This is all on the low pressure side before it gets to the factory filter.

Question is will having 1/2” ID lines at my pre-filter negatively affect the fuel system since everything else is 3/8”?
Lol Mike…I’ve got similar stories except my examples were induced with Dewars :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom