12H-T Oil squirters... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day all

New to the site - first post

Currently rebuilding my 12HT from my HJ61 and have run into an issue with the oil squirters, in particular the dowels that align them.

Somehow from the process of strip down at home to packing everything to the machine shop, and back home again, I've lost 3 of the dowels, 2 are damaged and 1 is... okay.

Not wanting to risk making my own and having them end up flying around with my crank... I decided to buy 6 new 1HZ/1HDT oil squirters.

They aren't the same however. The actual base is the same, and the dowels appear the same, but the nozzles are much larger.

I'm worried i'll run into oil pressure issues if I end up using these squirters. I can't just use the dowels because then i've spend $150+ on 6 tiny dowels...
Can't seem to find anything online for 12HT specific squirters.

Wanted to hear what you guys had to say and if anyone had any great ideas.

Cheers

20191023_174043.jpg

20191023_174102.jpg

20191023_174127.jpg

Do the dowels come out the other side, or are they blind holes in the squiters ? If blind, then any old nail will do, it’s just to get the oil squirting close to the correct place.
If the hole goes right through the squiter, then find something from an engineering supplier.
I would not use the Hz jobs, it could bugger up your oil pressure that feeds to other important bits like the turbo.

Last edited:
Do the dowels come out the other side, or are they blind holes in the squiters ? If blind, then any old nail will do, it’s just to get the oil squirting close to the correct place.
If the hole goes right through the squiter, then find something from an engineering supplier.
I would not use the Hz jobs, it could bugger up your oil pressure that feeds to other important bits like the turbo.

The holes go right through, I think I'm going to have to get some dowels made up....
Too far into this build to **** up something like this, do it once do it well.

Thanks for your input mate

North sure why you would buy a part not for your specific engine?

Oops , yes those would be expensive dowels, sorry did not read the post properly. I’m guessing an engineering supplier could still help you out. If they don’t fit nice and tight you could still pin punch the hole afterwards to stop them falling into the works.

If the holes go right through, use a drill bit of the right size as an alignment tool so you can use the original squirters, torque them into place, remove the drill bit
Do you think the dowels won't be necessary once it's aligned and torqued down?

North sure why you would buy a part not for your specific engine?

I can't find these parts anywhere, I have spoken to these guys before but will check again to see if they have specific 12ht squirters

I hope you did not go out and buy anything, and I hope you can get your money back for the HZ squirters. Firstly the dowels can’t drop back into the sump, the bolt flange is too big to allow that,
F9926200-D304-4D12-AB97-CA1D718FF40A.jpeg
B8B8AD2E-0F70-4195-9C6D-9D437087C302.jpeg
So get yourself some cheap 4mm drill bits and cut the shanks to suit, the cheaper the better.
Today was engine part cleaning day, and the squirters were on the menu.
G

I hope you did not go out and buy anything, and I hope you can get your money back for the HZ squirters. Firstly the dowels can’t drop back into the sump, the bolt flange is too big to allow that,View attachment 2117850View attachment 2117851So get yourself some cheap 4mm drill bits and cut the shanks to suit, the cheaper the better.
Today was engine part cleaning day, and the squirters were on the menu.
G
Got it sorted in the end, found this out before checking my post and went and got some generic 4mm dowels to use, returned the 1hz squirters and original ones are in.
Cheers for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom