11 LX dashboard lit up like its X-mas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Purchased a 2011 LX in January 2021, did a 60k mile service upon purchase even though it had 77k miles on it and replaced the AHC pump and she was back to new. Last weekend I had my mechanic replace the brakes and rotors, with stoptech's and BFGoodrich stainless steel brake lines, while I painted the calipers silver. He bled the brake line and added DOT 3 Prestone brake fluid. Very happy with the set up as it eliminated the spongy brake feel and looks very sharp. He also replaced the headlight, fog lights, and courtesy lights with LED's, again couldn't be happier.

Today, a bunch of lights came on out of no where. I have an appointment with Lexus service department tomorrow, but wanted to post and see if anyone had any insight as to what is going on.

20210415_190745.jpg

Screenshot_20210415-185921_BlueDriver.jpg

Screenshot_20210415-185928_BlueDriver.jpg

Did they bleed with tech stream? If not, you have air in the system

I was busy painting the calipers, but I do not believe he used techstream. Forgive my ignorance, but how would techstream have assisted with the bleeding?

I’m a semi idiot! Need it to bleed the master. For just bleeding you just need to have IG on to get the rears done. Does the master have enough fluid in it?

I also vote air in the system, but check the ABS sensors too. Since the brake fluid could be 10 years old, maybe do a complete flush instead of just bleed the air out?

Bad sensor has my vote though, but maybe not bad. Maybe do a quick check of fuses and make sure all the relevant connections are seated. I think that Abs and PCS are on the same fuse but I can’t look now. maybe even some Of the AC sensors, so it might make sense.

Bought the car sight unseen in Arkansas off carfax.com, I'm in Tampa. Asked them to replace all 4 struts since there was an oil leak in the front struts. Lexus mechanic working on it, they said the pump stopped working. Whether it was due to a botch fluid replacement or not, had to replace it. Bought a new one and had them do the 60k mile service to be on the safe side. So brake fluids were done at that time, and the previous owner replaced the brakes at 60k, so I'm assuming they did the same then. All codes were taken today, there were no codes present when I received the car.

Oh yeah, there was a whole thread on that.

Bought the car sight unseen in Arkansas off carfax.com, I'm in Tampa. Asked them to replace all 4 struts since there was an oil leak in the front struts. Lexus mechanic working on it, they said the pump stopped working. Whether it was due to a botch fluid replacement or not, had to replace it. Bought a new one and had them do the 60k mile service to be on the safe side. So brake fluids were done at that time, and the previous owner replaced the brakes at 60k, so I'm assuming they did the same then. All codes were taken today, there were no codes present when I received the car.

‘Ahh. I’m going with blown fuse then.

Heard back from Lexus this afternoon. Apparently there was an issue with the stainless steel brake lines, and it was leaking brake fluid. They have fixed it and topped off the fluid and the codes are are clear. They are going to do a wash and get all the fluid off of the rims and under carriage. Best part, they are only charging me for a diagnostic. Feel relieved, I was fearing the worst and this was not at all as bad as I thought it might be. Going to keep the car there for a few days as they have ordered the recall part. Thank you all for your input! One of the best parts of owning a 200 is being a part of this forum.

Resized_20210416_122743.jpg

Resized_20210416_122740.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom