10th Annual Coal Mine Cruiser Classic, Rausch Creek PA, July 9-11 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i guess she likes the kielbasa.:D

Ten days.......

Well, only ten days till we'll be wheeling at Rausch. I am wheeling all three days- Thursday is usually a great day as there is very little traffic in the park. More guys to wheel with Friday and especially Saturday. I am even thinking about bringing the 70 up to be a shuttle vehicle between the hotel and campground. We used the 55 as a taxi to get to breakfast during the recent 4Runner jamboree, though, and seating five people has its advantages. Who all will be there to wheel Thursday?

Speaking of breakfast- Rachel's which is in Joliett and very close to the Rausch Creek entrance has a good breakfast. The restaurant at the north end of Pine Grove that is made from logs also has a good breakfast and serves large portions. While staying at the Comfort Inn we take advantage of the free breakfast there. Anyone camping at the other campground (I forget the name) can get a good meal at the restaurant right down the road on RT 125. Joe Mylie and Brian O'Laughlin showed me that place.

I am staying at the Comfort Inn in Pine Grove but am also gonna get registered at the campground with Tom and Carl to avoid any potential hassle there. Actually there are quite a few guys staying at the CI and I know there are people camping free at Rausch.

The piggy is as ready as I am gonna make it although I can't get as good a brake pedal as I'd like. One pump brings it to the correct height but I'd rather have good brakes on the first application! Dan- bring your "tool" for bleeding brakes maybe we can make an improvement.

Dave Crum- Need I bring any spares for you this year?????

And Tom- make sure you bring the kielbasa for Judy..........Gary S

My brake bottle will be there for you Gary. As a suggestion, start with the FSM and get the pedal height, and pedal movement etc., first, then we can start the bleeding. Bring plenty o brake fluid. and a container for the old fluid.

My plan is to arrive Wed afternoon/eve.

Last edited:
I'll be up Thursday morning with a couple of buddies from KY, David and Kenny, and we'll be wheeling bluish trails for Thursday. I need to get my rig off the pavement to make sure everything is gonna be solid, which it should be, but I just finished the SOA last night so I want to make sure. It's like a different truck!

I should be there Wed PM along with Matt and Austin.

Mmmmmmmm Rachel's breakfast ...

Curses!

:mad: We won't be able to make it to the event, which is extremely disappointing. I hate it when work gets in the way of the important things in life. Basically, we don't have the time to make the 3-day drive there and 3 days back, and instead are flying into Harrisburg to visit with family. The best we can do is drive up there in an Exploder or rental and see what we can see.

I forget the cancellation policy, but if there's any $$ that would otherwise be rebated, please consider it a donation for the good of cruiserdom.

I'll also call the campground and let them know.

Vince
'83 FJ40 (not coming)
'97 LX450 (also not coming):bang:

I will be at Echo Valley Weds night tent camping and ready to wheel Thursday morning. I will looking for a group to join, looking for medium to hard trails hopefully (I forget color ratings).

Will they be a group leaving from Echo or should I get to Rausch and be ready to ride?

I have a white 85 4runner with Ohio plates.

Thanks

Karl

I will be at Echo Valley Weds night tent camping and ready to wheel Thursday morning. I will looking for a group to join, looking for medium to hard trails hopefully (I forget color ratings).

Will they be a group leaving from Echo or should I get to Rausch and be ready to ride?

I have a white 85 4runner with Ohio plates.

Thanks

Karl

We normally setup groups over at the Rausch Creek parking area after you fill out your forms and pay for the day. There will be a group for all experience / carnage levels.

I`ll be there Wed afternoon.

Sorry you won`t make it Vince and your app was the 1st one I recieved.If your going to Harrisburg,take the 45min ride on Sat night for the raffle and BBQ and get your shirts.If need be we can refund your money,dealine for that is the 30th of June.

Hopefully well get off on a good start Thur.I`d like to be leaving RC parking lot by 9:30-10AM to head into the trails.

See you all there!!!

I will be there Wednesday afternoon. Will be wheeling black trails.

didn't break the 40 this weekend, so barring anything odd tomorrow when I go thru it, I should be attending....

hhmm....Wed....hadn't planned to be that early, but maybe....

didn't break the 40 this weekend, so barring anything odd tomorrow when I go thru it, I should be attending....

Woodrow - it wil be good to see you again; let's see if we can break your 40 at RC.

the circus pig is no longer - we're down to 4 colors as I type. I might be in late wednesday, but worst case, thursday sometime.

bk

Last edited:
i'll be there wednesday afternoon, ill be driving my 40 while Karl is trailering his, :bounce:

Excellent. It will be great to meet the founder of such an awesome forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom