100 Series hits a top speed of 152 MPH! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Setup:

Engine: 1FZE Inline 6 4.5 L

Front end dropped 2 inches from stock

Front differential and axles removed (weight reduction)
Rear seats removed(weight reduction)

Engine port and polish
JE Pistons
Stage 4 crower camshaft with valves

4 inch performance cold air intake

6-1 Long tube headers with 3.5 inch exhaust, dynomax muffler.

Iridium IX plugs, with MSD wires.

MOTEC engine management system.

Exedy single plate clutch and fidanza lightweight flywheel.

This is a other turbocharged setup, throwed in the video just for fun. Pretty awesome

I have a K&N air filter and my truck won't go that's fast, I don't think.

At night, with no seat belt on.... guy got bawlzz
Pretty crazy, I would never attempt that speed, I guess im to much of .
One way to find out sir, just kidding keep it under 20:)

Too fast for a a 3 TON SUV. Let us see an overlanding video next...
Drive to Sahara and spend few days during the winter... May be you can start one.
I guess the shifter bushing is a regular maintenance item.

So many links to random videos and factoids. Is @ToyotaIsLife a bot? . Like a strategically placed forum bot.

Or maybe he just likes watching and sharing people doing crazy stupid stuff with Land Cruisers? Kinda the way I like to watch people blow up engines on YouTube.

Doesn't blow up, but one of my fav's. Just watch that valve float. Holy moly!!!

Too fast for a a 3 TON SUV. Let us see an overlanding video next...
Drive to Sahara and spend few days during the winter... May be you can start one.
I guess the shifter bushing is a regular maintenance item.
Bro this is the standard version of the LC100 which has MUCH less options then the full option LC which you are familiar with(4.7 V8, leather, Screen, automatic). We have many options here. Plus its stripped down to pretty much the front dash.

How come you have replaced the stock air cleaner?, I wouldn't do that if I did allot of over landing. Cold air intakes do a great job at cramming as much dirt as possible. Atleast have a cover on it. Inspect it frequently. Take care.

How come you have replaced the stock air cleaner?, I wouldn't do that if I did allot of over landing. Cold air intakes do a great job at cramming as much dirt as possible. Atleast have a cover on it. Inspect it frequently. Take care.

No cold air intake, just replaced the air filter with K&N air filter.
There was literally zero change in performance, but I wasn't got for performance. I was going to not having to mess with it again for a very long time.

No cold air intake, just replaced the air filter with K&N air filter.
There was literally zero change in performance, but I wasn't got for performance. I was going to not having to mess with it again for a very long time.
Don’t want to start a debate with anyone on here. But I urge you to read up on K&N drop in filters. I’ve had some very bad experiences with them.

Don’t want to start a debate with anyone on here. But I urge you to read up on K&N drop in filters. I’ve had some very bad experiences with them.

So have I. I was scared forever to use one. Then I kept researching on and off and my mind is at ease.
Each to their own, I've heard the stories of ruined MAF's, gummed up throttle bodies etc. but all of those appear to be from the owner over oiling the filter.
I've had mine in for 2yrs now and zero problems.
Here is why I went with it, a replacement paper filter was $30 for a good name brand, the K&N was $50. The K&N shouldn't need to be touched for 50k minimum. A standard paper filter lasts about 20k. So two of those and I'm down money.
That's why I did it, it might not work for someone else. But it is working for me.

So have I. I was scared forever to use one. Then I kept researching on and off and my mind is at ease.
Each to their own, I've heard the stories of ruined MAF's, gummed up throttle bodies etc. but all of those appear to be from the owner over oiling the filter.
Here is why I went with it, a replacement paper filter was $30 for a good name brand, the K&N was $50. The K&N shouldn't need to be touched for 50k minimum. A standard paper filter lasts about 20k. So two of those and I'm down money.
That's why I did it, it might not work for someone else. But it is working for me.
My issue was even properly oiled, I could still visibly see holes in the K&N, that is the main issue I’m referencing. I’m not one for dusted engines. Might just want to check next time it’s out.

I expected this to be:

...dropped out of an airplane.

Um......maybe ifr dude ran it through some timing lights I would believe 152.....although it was bouncing off rev-limiter

My issue was even properly oiled, I could still visibly see holes in the K&N, that is the main issue I’m referencing. I’m not one for dusted engines. Might just want to check next time it’s out.

I like these, washable and reusable, no oiling needed:

aFe POWER 31-10027 Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom