100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm going to have him mount me a raised tab for a dually LED light by the handle, like the below.

Any suggestions from you guys? He's still building so anything you see that needs to change or needs adding let me know.

photo.jpg

Personally, if the top of the spare tire isn't going to be higher/much higher than the peak of the 'hoop' then I'd make provisions to mount a dually or two up there. Seems like you could get a lot more spread from up there.

Bumper looks awesome, by the way.

Slot or catch of some sort for a hi-lift. Not for carrying it, for lifting the back of the truck. 4x4labs does a slot IIRC.

Is there going to be some sort of gas strut assist? I can't tell from the picture. If not, that is going to be really heavy to open and close not to mention it might not stay open on any sort of an incline...

Is there going to be some sort of gas strut assist? I can't tell from the picture. If not, that is going to be really heavy to open and close not to mention it might not stay open on any sort of an incline...

Not at first, no. Since this is the prototype I'm going to test as is. But I did tell him I didn't think it was going to work without a strut.

There will be locking pins to keep it in place when opened.

Not at first, no. Since this is the prototype I'm going to test as is. But I did tell him I didn't think it was going to work without a strut.

There will be locking pins to keep it in place when opened.
Andy,

Here are the photos we discussed (I tried to get a close up of the actual strut specs, p/n, etc., but they're too faded to read):

Gas strut 1.JPG

gas strut 2.jpg

gas strut 3.jpg

If I used my 100 more, I would somehow render the locking mechanisms on my Slee bumper inoperable, or put a spacer in there to hold the pins up unless I pulled it out (when I need them)

It is a total and completer pain in the ass to use the back area of my truck with dual swingouts that automatically lock open. It is a VERY nice design and VERY stout but a hassle for a mall crawler like me

If I used my 100 more, I would somehow render the locking mechanisms on my Slee bumper inoperable, or put a spacer in there to hold the pins up unless I pulled it out (when I need them)

It is a total and completer pain in the ass to use the back area of my truck with dual swingouts that automatically lock open. It is a VERY nice design and VERY stout but a hassle for a mall crawler like me

I agree...

If I used my 100 more, I would somehow render the locking mechanisms on my Slee bumper inoperable, or put a spacer in there to hold the pins up unless I pulled it out (when I need them) It is a total and completer pain in the ass to use the back area of my truck with dual swingouts that automatically lock open. It is a VERY nice design and VERY stout but a hassle for a mall crawler like me

Yep i put s*** in the front seat to avoid all the BS involved in getting to the rear. I have bent two locking pins already. It would be nice to have a lock open option on the pin.

That's why I had a bumper built without a rear tire swing out.

Or buy a BIOR. Easily removable swing arms!

Not the greatest photo, but you can see the sleeve and bits for the ladder which I removed and only install for longer trips. I thought I'd take the tire carrier off too, but it looks too darn cool back there! Plus I can open and close it one handed on my good days. So long as I'm not also chewing gum :)

P.S. That '06 looks like a heckuva deal!

100 at Bartonsville bridge.jpg

Forgot to mention: good friend of mine is selling his '06 LX470, white/tan, 61,000 miles. Last time I saw it (about 10,000 miles ago), it was as new-looking as any 100-series LX I've seen.

He told me he'd take $28,000 for it. Not as cheap as the 100 Andy posted, but if someone wants a mint LX, it does have less than half the miles.

Just thought I'd put it out there for a friend.......

Forgot to mention: good friend of mine is selling his '06 LX470, white/tan, 61,000 miles. Last time I saw it (about 10,000 miles ago), it was as new-looking as any 100-series LX I've seen. He told me he'd take $28,000 for it. Not as cheap as the 100 Andy posted, but if someone wants a mint LX, it does have less than half the miles. Just thought I'd put it out there for a friend.......

I've got a buddy looking, I will pass that along. The one I posted earlier sold.

I'm a novice at Facebook, so I may not have posted the video right...? You might have to look him up on Facebook directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom