100 front seats in an 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if any of you with a 100 and an 80 could measure the seats to see if the 100 seats would fit in the 80. Also, if the tan colors match. My leather is cracking and hard and I need the switch for the passenger side. I figured the 100 seats would be a more comfy swap, with an armrest and possibly heat as well.
Thanks,
Carl

Don't know if they'll fit, but you could buy the heater element from Christo and have a local leather shop do the labor. It would likely be cheaper.

I have thought about doing some aftermarket heaters, but the leather on the front seats is in poor condition, and I would like to have an armrest.

I know KATZKIN makes skins for the 80.
But, what kind of $$$ are we talking about to have a local apolsetry shop take care of them? what is a reasonable price for the front and rear (not 3rd row)?

After this muthaf-in cold winter up here in Mass..i would LOVE to get some of those nice seat heaters from Cristo!

later..
joe

I got a pr. of new recaros to replace my old buckets...far more comfy on long road trips than any other seat I've used, including the ones in my '01 prelude and a friend's Benz SUV. The foam moulds to the shape of your body after you've sat in it for awhile. The bonus is the seats are MANUAL, and the recaro sliders/mounts allow one to raise/drop the front/rear and slide them back farther than normal manual seats (and a lot farther back than power seats). No heater in mine, but they're cloth, so you don't need heated seats. I got mine from a recaro distributor in Michigan for $300 ea plus the mounts/sliders (extra) 1.5 yrs ago. Anyways, it pays to look around for bargains.

[quote author=Jim_Chow link=board=2;threadid=12345;start=msg113879#msg113879 date=1078256643]
I got a pr. of new recaros to replace my old buckets...far more comfy on long road trips than any other seat I've used, including the ones in my '01 prelude and a friend's Benz SUV. The foam moulds to the shape of your body after you've sat in it for awhile. The bonus is the seats are MANUAL, and the recaro sliders/mounts allow one to raise/drop the front/rear and slide them back farther than normal manual seats (and a lot farther back than power seats). No heater in mine, but they're cloth, so you don't need heated seats. I got mine from a recaro distributor in Michigan for $300 ea plus the mounts/sliders (extra) 1.5 yrs ago. Anyways, it pays to look around for bargains.
[/quote]

How about sharing some pics? :D

Guys, how does one post a jpeg in the body of the text? I hit "browse" next to the attachment window, selected the file to upload, yet it doesn't appear here. In preview mode, only the path appears above the attachment window (path is on my local drive, not on the web). OS is Mac 9.x.

[glow=black,2,2]Try that again ... but this time go straight to 'post' .. and do not preview it . [/glow]
[color=555555]T[/color][color=2E3136]T[/color][color=555555]Y[/color][color=2E3136]Y[/color][color=555555]L[/color][color=2E3136]L[/color][color=555555]E[/color][color=2E3136]E[/color][color=555555]R[/color][color=2E3136]R[/color]

Okay, I'll try to post both shots...

I guess both files together were > 90KB so here's a post of the brackets. There is one hidden benefit of these seats over the stock buckets w/ a manual tranny. The brackets/seats are narrower at the bottom, so I can easily pull out the stick and pour the tranny oil in through the hole. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom