1 in 10 LX 570's stolen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
please delete thread

Last edited:
No 200-series tech. Please move to chat.

No 200-series tech. Please move to chat.

FYI ... It showed in detail how the LX570 and LC200 can be stolen in under 2 minutes.

None of this is news. Faraday pouch/storing your key in a metal lunchbox or distance between your front door and the key completely defeats the relay attack in the video. Video offers nothing in the way of a solution, and this topic has been discussed much more productively before.

If theft of 200s in America were such an issue we’d be reading about it on this forum.

Last edited:
The article is from Ontario Canada, and it shows that 1 in 10 Lexus 570 is stolen.
Also very high up on the list was the LC 200.

Number percentages are per vehicle sold.

It showed how thieves pick the door lock (10 seconds) and then either use a signal booster (if you leave your keys near the front door) or code a new FOB (with a $1000 programmer) in under 3 minutes.

The vehicles are then put in containers and shipped over seas.

Obviously deterrent methods are kill switches, GPS Tracking systems, or visible secondary alarm systems, as these methods use OEM security.

It showed how the vehicles on some of these shipments were arriving in West Africa for sale.

List by cars most stolen by percentage sold.

1-in-10-stolen.JPG

Last edited:
Signal boosting is old news (which is why we use faraday boxes in this house), but being able to pick the lock and program a new fob that quickly is definitely concerning. Good to know, thanks!

The article is from Ontario Canada, and it shows that 1 in 10 Lexus 570 is stolen.
Also very high up on the list was the LC 200.

Number percentages are per vehicle sold.

It showed how thieves pick the door lock (10 seconds) and then either use a signal booster (if you leave your keys near the front door) or code a new FOB (with a $1000 programmer) in under 3 minutes.

The vehicles are then put in containers and shipped over seas.

Obviously deterrent methods are kill switches, GPS Tracking systems, or visible secondary alarm systems, as these methods use OEM security.

It showed how the vehicles on some of these shipments were arriving in West Africa for sale.

List by cars most stolen by percentage sold.

View attachment 3009985

Looks like a Russian mid-level mafioso’s shopping list.

Because all I really needed in life was a little box to put my key fobs in.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a lc200 or lx570 being stolen in North America… ever. But I don’t live in Canada.

Number 1 vehicle I’ve heard of being stolen is a f250. Apparently it’s very easy to punch the lock, Hotwire, and drive off.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a lc200 or lx570 being stolen in North America… ever. But I don’t live in Canada.

Number 1 vehicle I’ve heard of being stolen is a f250. Apparently it’s very easy to punch the lock, Hotwire, and drive off.

That is correct the Ford F150 pickups are #1 by volume count, but not compared as a percentage that were sold.

So you get more Ford pickups stolen in number count, but by percentage that are on the roads the Lexus 570 is #1 as 1 in 10 are stolen.

Last edited:

And then use for work. Lots of Texas-plated stolen pickups driving around Belize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom