1/4 ton trailer buy- Anyone want one??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I"LL take the back roads

I'm assuming these need to be wired and lights added prior to towing, correct.

That's usually the drill, everything else seems to be roadworthy though. A $20 light/license kit from the parts store will bolt right on the existing brackets and you're good to go. I could use a spare rim and tire if anyone is swapping them out.

Some people seem to be ready now and some want to wait a bit. Do people need to wait a month (which would actually help me a bit) or are we thinking longer? I'd like to have mine by July at the latest.

If RapoVT can drop yours off in Winchendon (at his convenience,) I can tow it to my new house in Groton, MA at thje end of June.

It's a lot to ask of him but if we all work together it'll be a hell of a Fall gathering with the new beasts in tow!!!

Groveland to Groton is probably 45 mins? Near Rte 2 and 495.

I'll be commuting to Winchendon as of June so I can shuttle some back to Groton when it's convenient for all involved.

OK, I'm in and can work with what ever schedule you need. I just need a little help in finding the proper hitch required to tow this thing with my truck. I'll look around on the web but if you know of a place that would be great.

I'll need the hitch as well. I think we all will. Not sure where to find them.

Maybe RAPOVT can e-mail the seller for stats?

I searched m101 in the trailer tech section. It has a bunch of pictures including Jason's build of his trailer. A stock trailer towed behind a lifted cruiser would need quit a drop. I think jason's is sprung over with the big landcruiser tires and it sits nicely behind his rig. You can buy an axle with 6 lugs and the proper width for about $125 from ABC or something like that

Would it sit level behind a stock 45 cruiser, no lift, stock tires? Look like a similar height.

Found out I was on that US treasury list for unclaimed money from an FHA loan from years ago. Needless to say I have found $$$$ suddenly burning a hole in my pocket. Let's get our trailer on! Let's order this week!

2 tenants bailed on my this week, wifes job just told her they were moving out of state next fall, my business has been iffy, the stove s*** and my 40 is having mysterious fuel delivery problems (that left me stranded today). Too much up in the air for me to commit right now.

I may have a better clue in the next week or 2 if they're not all spoken for.

BTW, I don't think they make a "drop" pintle. There's a plate type that bolts on that has some adjustment, but it's not a whole lot.

*Actually found one here that has a longer plate, but wouldn't wanna use it all the time.

sorry guys just caught up on the thread. lets ssee where to start
-get it registered is a pain but doable you will need a bill of sale and the import paper work and alot of patience. every state is different but it is still a pain but once you do get it registered it is a peice of cake. the issue I ran into was that since they were never registered before even in Canada the DMV has a problem with that.
-you can either do a hub swap or axle swap the hub swap is pretty easy. I got my parts at trailerparts.com
-the hitch i got there as well they sold the pintle hook seperate and then figured the right drop down plate. i have since bought a new one due tot he SOA but my first one had 6 hole or 4 different mounting positions.
- i highly recommend visiting the yahoo group site for the CDN M101 1/4 trailers
-check ebay for ligthse if you wan t the stock ones . you will have to get wiring harness as well then switch the bulbs to 12v from 24v. it is far easier to go with a auto parts light and wiring set up. but it is coller to get the original lights up and working.
HTH Jason

Registering trailers without a previous registration is a bit of a pain in MA. A friend once registered a "homemade" trailer (all you need is a receipt for an axle and some steel) and then simply transfered the plates. Started out with a little tiny 1/4 ton, ended up with a huge double-axle flatbed.

By the way (and again, in MA), you do not need a title for trailers 3500lbs or less (you decide on the trailer capacity). Since it costs money to renew a registration (all trailer registrations start Dec 1, I think), it is cheaper by $5 to keep getting a new registration every year rather than renewing!

Last edited:
Good info. Can't be much more of a pain than importing cruisers from Australia. I'm sure it will suck just as bad but always ends up working out in the end.

BTW, Great info Jason!

Last I knew, if the trailers were built over 15 years ago, it's easy to register in VT with or without a Bill of Sale. Even out of staters can register a 1500 lbs or less trailer here for $20 a year. Might be worthwhile if it makes bringing it into your home state easier.

***Please don't take my word on this. Although I've done it in the past, things may have changed. You'd wanna confirm before attempting.***

Last edited:
Any verdict?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom