07 FJ 0-60 times? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know the 0-60 times of the auto and 6-speed FJ? I have an auto 4x4 FJ which I just picked up on Monday and I was reading through a consumer magazine and they listed the acceleration numbers for most vehicles except the FJ. I was curious on how it compares.

So far I like it a lot...drives great and the voodoo blue reminds me of my uncle's FJ60!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm no selling my 96 landcruiser if anyone is interested check out the for sale section!

Well.. I don't know about 0-60 times.. But It is faster than a Volvo 850 R. Which packs about 212 hp and weighs about 3700lbs.

it was in an earlier magazine I read but I can't remember... it was about 8-9 seconds iirc.

chriscruiser said:
Anyone know the 0-60 times of the auto and 6-speed FJ? I have an auto 4x4 FJ which I just picked up on Monday and I was reading through a consumer magazine and they listed the acceleration numbers for most vehicles except the FJ. I was curious on how it compares.

So far I like it a lot...drives great and the voodoo blue reminds me of my uncle's FJ60!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm no selling my 96 landcruiser if anyone is interested check out the for sale section!

7.8 seconds. I don't imagine that many magazines list the 0-60 times for trucks; they're generally not made to race.

warpedone said:
Who cares, The FJC isnt a sports car.

Nice...think for a sec...have you not noticed that the FJ pretty much jumps off the line and hits 60 rather quickly?

Nothing better than a vehicle which can move on the pavement and off the pavement...who wants to be stuck in a slow ass truck when the "better" truck can do both?

Since searching...I've found times that range from 0-60 times of 7.6 to 7.8 making it one of the "faster" SUV's out there...what does this mean to you? It means it's one of those rare performers both on and off the pavement.

Screw sports cars...go on two wheels or go home my grandmother can drive a car fast...put someone on two wheels and we'll see who has real skill...

For those who chose to contribute thanks!!!

Chris
CCS AM #410

chriscruiser said:
Screw sports cars.
No.

dicksmith.jpg

My last Cobra went 0-60 a second slower than an R6. The top speed is well above the R6 - I had mine to 165mph, and I know that Dick Smith hit 198mph in his original Cobra (CSX3035 - above).

I never ever lost a race to any bike in that car. Ever.

And I could carry a passenger and two Big Gulps from 7/11, enough luggage for a weekend at the track and the BIG Chevron gas card.

The R6 is a nice bike ... but it ain't no sport car.

chriscruiser said:
I've found times that range from 0-60 times of 7.6 to 7.8 making it one of the "faster" SUV's out there

Hardly... this pretty much puts it mid-pack.

Ocelot said:
Hardly... this pretty much puts it mid-pack.

No...only other SUV's beating it are V8! V6 vs V6 check your numbers.

FJCruiserOwnersGroup said:
No.

dicksmith.jpg

My last Cobra went 0-60 a second slower than an R6. The top speed is well above the R6 - I had mine to 165mph, and I know that Dick Smith hit 198mph in his original Cobra (CSX3035 - above).

I never ever lost a race to any bike in that car. Ever.

And I could carry a passenger and two Big Gulps from 7/11, enough luggage for a weekend at the track and the BIG Chevron gas card.

The R6 is a nice bike ... but it ain't no sport car.

I top my R6 out at the track and the speedo hits rev-limiter in 6th at 167 but I'm thinking corrected figures would be more in the range of 155 or so mph so top end is not a good comparison. R6 is not made for top end, it's made for road racing...want top end race an R1...if you win the guy wasn't riding it correctly.

You are correct...it's not a sports car! And if you're running people at the street...try running a licensed racer...99% of people on the street have no clue how to ride or get the most out of a bike. If you don't believe me ask any racer (real racer not some wanna be) and they'll agree.

Not a flame so don't take it that way...Cobra is one of my favorite cars!!! A friend of mine has one with a viper motor in it!

chriscruiser said:
No...only other SUV's beating it are V8! V6 vs V6 check your numbers.

Wrong! Compare it to SUV's that have a V6...don't compare a V6 to a V8.

You'll find those numbers vary a great deal!

chriscruiser said:
I top my R6 out at the track and the speedo hits rev-limiter in 6th at 167 but I'm thinking corrected figures would be more in the range of 155 or so mph so top end is not a good comparison. R6 is not made for top end, it's made for road racing...want top end race an R1...if you win the guy wasn't riding it correctly.
Road racing can get up to some crazy high speeds. After 160, the Cobra starts getting light in the front end, and your steering input is more of a suggestion of where you'd like the car to go.

I love road racing; quarter mile holds no interest, and I don't want to just make left turns. I have done some off-road, and would like to enter the Silver State, but in the meantime I'm either track, autocross or ... err ... late night driving.

I have run up against some really good bike racers, and they are quite a bit of a challenge when they know what they're doing. Unfortunately, not alot of them do. One of my neighbors is in the local Ducati club, and I'm thinking about going out with them and playing.

chriscruiser said:
You are correct...it's not a sports car! And if you're running people at the street...try running a licensed racer...99% of people on the street have no clue how to ride or get the most out of a bike. If you don't believe me ask any racer (real racer not some wanna be) and they'll agree.
I have. They are good, but ... one thing I've found is that bikes have to slow down alot more in turns than I do, so I can always gain there. I might not be as quick off the line, but once you're over 120, quick bursts of speed are all academic.

My Achille's heel is the decreasing radius turn. Turn 9 at Willow Springs kicks my ass, and I know - I know - how to run it.

chriscruiser said:
Not a flame so don't take it that way...Cobra is one of my favorite cars!!! A friend of mine has one with a viper motor in it!
Your friend has a Double Venom? That's pretty cool. My first Cobra replica was a Classic Roadster, and I liked the longer wheelbase (it was more comfortable inside). It was heavy ... but it could beat most everything it came up against.

FJCruiserOwnersGroup said:
Road racing can get up to some crazy high speeds. After 160, the Cobra starts getting light in the front end, and your steering input is more of a suggestion of where you'd like the car to go.

I love road racing; quarter mile holds no interest, and I don't want to just make left turns. I have done some off-road, and would like to enter the Silver State, but in the meantime I'm either track, autocross or ... err ... late night driving.

I have run up against some really good bike racers, and they are quite a bit of a challenge when they know what they're doing. Unfortunately, not alot of them do. One of my neighbors is in the local Ducati club, and I'm thinking about going out with them and playing.

I have. They are good, but ... one thing I've found is that bikes have to slow down alot more in turns than I do, so I can always gain there. I might not be as quick off the line, but once you're over 120, quick bursts of speed are all academic.

My Achille's heel is the decreasing radius turn. Turn 9 at Willow Springs kicks my ass, and I know - I know - how to run it.

Your friend has a Double Venom? That's pretty cool. My first Cobra replica was a Classic Roadster, and I liked the longer wheelbase (it was more comfortable inside). It was heavy ... but it could beat most everything it came up against.

I think we're on the same page as far as types of driving! I'm not concerned about how my bike does against another car...bike VS bike and rider VS rider is my interest. I've only been riding for 1.5 years so pulling low 1:40's at VIR North is an accomplishment but until I'm pulling mid 1:30's...I realize I have a long ways to go! :p

Now as far as the FJ goes...I think anyone here who actually has one must notice how quick it is...which lead me to my question.

So nice to have a vehicle that does everything right!

chriscruiser said:
Wrong! Compare it to SUV's that have a V6...don't compare a V6 to a V8.

You'll find those numbers vary a great deal!

You're right, they vary a great deal, and 7.6-7.8 is middle of the pack for V6s. The nissan Xterra has a 4.0L V6 and gets 7.5-7.7 seconds 0-60. Hell even toyotas own 3.5L V6 Rav4 does 0-60 in 6.4 seconds.

chriscruiser said:
Since searching...I've found times that range from 0-60 times of 7.6 to 7.8 making it one of the "faster" SUV's out there...

This statement didn't say "One of the fastest V6 suvs out there" therefore I shouldn't need to be comparing only V6 SUVs anyways. I that case the FJ cruiser would end up near the back of the pack.

Ocelot said:
You're right, they vary a great deal, and 7.6-7.8 is middle of the pack for V6s. The nissan Xterra has a 4.0L V6 and gets 7.5-7.7 seconds 0-60. Hell even toyotas own 3.5L V6 Rav4 does 0-60 in 6.4 seconds.

This statement didn't say "One of the fastest V6 suvs out there" therefore I shouldn't need to be comparing only V6 SUVs anyways. I that case the FJ cruiser would end up near the back of the pack.

I'd agree with that but V6 vs V6 it holds it's own...but overall SUV it still holds well, I don't know about back of the pack though, I read over a consumer reports book which had performance times and I didn't see many that were pulling lower times so where are you getting your numbers from?

Either way, the point of the thread was to determine what the times are and we all agree that they are in the range of 7.5 to 7.8 on average. Still respectable for an SUV that can go nearly anywhere.

Thanks for the info though!

chriscruiser said:
Nice...think for a sec...have you not noticed that the FJ pretty much jumps off the line and hits 60 rather quickly?

Nothing better than a vehicle which can move on the pavement and off the pavement...who wants to be stuck in a slow ass truck when the "better" truck can do both?

Since searching...I've found times that range from 0-60 times of 7.6 to 7.8 making it one of the "faster" SUV's out there...what does this mean to you? It means it's one of those rare performers both on and off the pavement.

Screw sports cars...go on two wheels or go home my grandmother can drive a car fast...put someone on two wheels and we'll see who has real skill...

Chris
CCS AM #410[/quote

I know all about going fast on 2 wheels punk !
I Have an Aprilia RSV 1000R that routinely sees
177 MPH. Let me know when you want to race
your little R6 for some serious cash.

warpedone said:
chriscruiser said:

Chris
CCS AM #410[/quote

I know all about going fast on 2 wheels punk !
I Have an Aprilia RSV 1000R that routinely sees
177 MPH. Let me know when you want to race
your little R6 for some serious cash.

Thread is supposed to be about the performance numbers for the FJ rather than what you think you can do on a bike.

No offense but if you really knew what you were doing you wouldn't come off this way. You have no clue how I ride or how fast I am...first sign of a "squid" ... Next!!!

Last edited:
warpedone said:
Like I said, let me know and bring your checkbook.

Apologies...the topic was 0-60 performance of the FJ cruiser then it turns to this crap.

LOL...right...big talk and nothing to back it up. You think you're good???...come to the CCS races in September at Virginia International Raceway. I'm running Supersport, Superbike, Middleweight, and Heavyweight races, I'll be there to race...bring your wallet, checkbook whatever...I could careless...I'll be there to race.

You can enter the heavyweight races with your bike BTW and you'll need to hold a valid license as well.

What's funny is I know people who hold multiple regional and national championships and NONE of them talk smack...their riding speaks for them. We don't need to bet money...like I said, if you really want to race come out to the races...money doesn't even come close to the satisfaction of passing someone through a turn (somehow I'm guessing you don't know what I'm talking about here). Just to educate you...real racers race for points not money...I'm not concerned about taking your money from you.

For your sake I hope you're not foolish enough to run your bike out on the street at those speeds...not smart at all.

Now if you're interested in running the event I'll see you there...just tell me your race number...if not...enjoy your HEEP and "try" to ride safe!

Last edited:
Lets line up some offroading as well, I will be glad to
pull you out with my Rubi when your FJC gets stuck. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom