'06 Lift: Slee/OME vs Ironman, Advice and please chime in... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We deleted all AHC components and inatalled the heavy lift kit from Slee.we took her to Rubicon last year and did great... well, except for few dents and scratches. Lift was just right after installing 35” shoes on her. Very minimal rub from the rear well.

38CE23F0-52AE-485E-9D02-9C5B89BBAF1E.jpeg

D2E13AD3-BFD5-47AB-A0BE-ED2759A00B7A.jpeg
3C3DE90B-D3D1-462B-A34A-F71B51A969C2.jpeg

I think @Manhattan has the standard foam cells. Maybe he'll chime in.

I think @Manhattan has the standard foam cells. Maybe he'll chime in.
You have a helluva memory.

Yep. 2.5" Ironman springs and TBs with Foam Cells - not the Pros. I haven't ridden in a 100 with a similar setup but with the Pros, but man... if it's better than the standards, it must be sweet. Punchline: I'm still loving the set up after about 35,000 miles with it.

IMG_0155.jpg

Those do look nice. But I still stand behind Slee shocks. For me, it was an unbelievable step up in every direction. You can't beat the extra hydraulic reservoir and oversized shock shafts.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post on TD.

I'd be happy to discuss lift options and shocks. I have my TourFlex 3" (Med & Hvy) or can get regular Tough Dog spring offerings for 1.5 to 3".

I run the 3" Heavy TourFlex with 53mm fronts, 45mm- 9 stage adjustables in the rear and HD Torsions. I have my shocks set on stage 5 currently and it rides better than any suspension I've ever experienced.

J

img_20161025_120825870-jpg.1342159
can you send me a list of all the stuff you did to the suspension? Love that height and look? where did you get that front bumper

Bringing this conversation back...
I brought my 05' LX470 to Boston with me from Cali. AHC needs to go. Sadly doing mostly paved roads these days.
How are peoples Iron Man suspension kits holding up? Need to do an AHC delete and looking at Iron Man kit. Also getting the bad "clunk" right now.
Anyone know a good suspension or LC shop in New England or Boston area specifically where I can get my suspension done? Running an Iron man steel bumper on front. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom