'06 Lexus LX470 AHC problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
  1. I have a '06 LX 470. I previously had a '99 470 but lost it in Sandy. NEVER had a problem with it's suspension or anything else and it was at 200K miles. The issues with the '06 began a few months ago. I went out one morning and the rearend was all the way up in the air. I took it for a drive and got home and now both the front and back were all the way up. I drove it like that for a few weeks AND got several comments...I took it to a garage for an oil change and he noticed that the reservoir for the AHC was 'empty'. He went to Lexus and bought the correct fluid and filled it. Everything was fine for a short while. The rearend then started going up and down as it pleased. I looked at the fluid level and it was well over the 'full' mark. The frontend went to normal while the rear would go from HI to Normal to total Bottom out. I would sit at a stop sign and it would go from HI to normal on it's own or visa versa. I changed the rear sensor. For over a month I was very happy as it seemed like it was fixed. THEN, the front started doing the same thing? This was a couple weeks ago. It sits in the driveway in Normal position. I've driven it only in town as I'm scared to venture far. I am concidering a non-AHC conversion. I don''t want to keep dumping money into a feature I never use. Does anyone know about this as far as ride, cost, etc.? Thank you for any help you could provide. DESPARATE!!!! I need my wheels back! Thanks again, Craig

Thank you for the reply. I have been driving close to home and everthing has been good. Today I decided to venture farther because I needed a few 2X4's. I got 5 blocks away and the front end bottomed out. Felt like I was in a go-cart. I immediately went back home and as I look at it the front end is all the way down. I've gotten good advice about a 'tech stream' (?). I just decided to order new sensors for the front and replace them myself like I did the rear sensor about 4 months ago. I'm just concerned about figuring out the final adjustment for height. When I did the rear I didn't do any adjustment and it is in normal height. I'm not one to throw money at something but I really feel it's the sensors. Do you know of a good source for the sensors? Once again, thank you for your reply back to me. Oh BTW, I accidentally hit '06 it's actually an '04.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom