'04 LX470 Tie Rod End Stuck! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well just an update, the tie rod end FINALLY came loose yesterday (yes it took me literally 23 days of whacking to get it off). I did buy an adjustable pitman arm (had to travel one state away to find it though) but it wasn't any good as it kept shifting around when I was trying to get the tie rod off. I eventually resorted to just spraying anti-rust lubricant on the tie rod's everything and smashing it with reckless abandon. I took off the hub and rotor assembly plus the dust shield just to get good whacking room. I'm gonna get a new bearing for the rotor so it's whatever. The tie rod and castle nut have been smashed to uselessness but that's what they get. Castle nut wouldn't thread back onto the tie rod after I went through hell to get it off so I just mashed the tie rod bolt without any nut on it.
Final result:
20210822_171155.jpg
20210822_171204.jpg

Well just an update, the tie rod end FINALLY came loose yesterday (yes it took me literally 23 days of whacking to get it off). I did buy an adjustable pitman arm (had to travel one state away to find it though) but it wasn't any good as it kept shifting around when I was trying to get the tie rod off. I eventually resorted to just spraying anti-rust lubricant on the tie rod's everything and smashing it with reckless abandon. I took off the hub and rotor assembly plus the dust shield just to get good whacking room. I'm gonna get a new bearing for the rotor so it's whatever. The tie rod and castle nut have been smashed to uselessness but that's what they get. Castle nut wouldn't thread back onto the tie rod after I went through hell to get it off so I just mashed the tie rod bolt without any nut on it.
Final result:
View attachment 2767059View attachment 2767060
Sounds like a lot of whacking.
1629697870519.gif

Final result:
View attachment 2767059View attachment 2767060

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom