03+ Off the shelf tablet mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Jotto mounts look to be very high quality. Will definitely look into those. Is the part that actually holds the tablet custom-made, @LandCruiserPhil ? I found the articulating swivel but not the top piece just behind the swivel.. http://jottopublicsafety.gojotto.com/articulated-swing-arm.html

Jotto mounts are top quality and used by many law enforcement and emergency vehicle. I custom make the lower post mount part. The iPad is held on with velcro. Been using the same top mount in my 80 series for years and thousands of off road miles with zero vibs and the pad has never move from the velcro.

IMG_20160804_205036.jpg

@LandCruiserPhil Did you make this or is it commercially available? Didn't see it on their website. I take it this whole thing is made of steel or aluminum?

After some experimentation with an inexpensive suction cup mount, I bought a Jotto desk without any vehicle-specific mount, and intend to fabricate the post mount. I'd appreciate it if you can share how you made yours @LandCruiserPhil !

Basically on my mount I have a grade 8 bolt ~10" long that goes through the center post. The center post has a 2" in dia flang welded to the bottom of the post. The bolt goes through the bulk head for the seat that runs side to side. It extends through the floor with a steel backing plate under the truck. Very clean to the point its hard to figure out how its done and why it is so solid.:)

I have never needed to tighten my mount over the years after 10 of thousand miles on & off road. After all that you can still use it as a winch point. Very happy with the outcome.

Basically on my mount I have a grade 8 bolt ~10" long that goes through the center post. The center post has a 2" in dia flang welded to the bottom of the post. The bolt goes through the bulk head for the seat that runs side to side. It extends through the floor with a steel backing plate under the truck. Very clean to the point its hard to figure out how its done and why it is so solid.:)

I have never needed to tighten my mount over the years after 10 of thousand miles on & off road. After all that you can still use it as a winch point. Very happy with the outcome.

Thank you Phil, @LandCruiserPhil , I saw your post on the 80 forum. Looking at the passenger seat in the truck it appears there is nearly no flat spot on the seat support beam close to the transmission tunnel? Or is it on the outboard side of the seat bolt shown below?

IMG_20170713_144054.jpg

Started as a Jotto mount for the laptop. The arms give the ability to place it just about anywhere and any angle you want. Making swinging the laptop out of the passengers area easy. The Jotto is top line product with many attachment mounts available. I removed all mounts but the main tube, welded a stop inside the tube, and a flange on the bottom. By mounting using only the post between the console and seat in does not make the passenger unhappy. Drilled straight down and inserted a long grade 8 3/8" bolt that goes through a couple layers of a sheet metal beam and out the bottom. A plate to add strength under the body of the sheet metal and tighten the grade 8 bolt. The post mount has zero movement or flex.
I made a coupling out of some spare Jotto parts to eliminate the arms. I still have the ability to tilt, raise, and lower the mount.

View attachment 910553

Thank you Phil, @LandCruiserPhil , I saw your post on the 80 forum. Looking at the passenger seat in the truck it appears there is nearly no flat spot on the seat support beam close to the transmission tunnel? Or is it on the outboard side of the seat bolt shown below?

View attachment 1496102

The bulk head ~2.5" wide I went through is next to the console run side to side not front to back.

To add the plate under the body is curved to make it exciting and way up above the trans:) Its tight area to work but in the end you will be most happy.

Hard to see in the picture but once you remove the seat and the console it will become crystal clear:)

IMG_9711[1].JPG

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. Guess i'll have to pull the seat to get a good look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom