03 LX Fog Lights - Outer lights not working? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am new to my '03 LX470 - which could be the issue - our I could be an idiot, but I can't find a light setting on the car that turns out the outer bulbs on the car.

Inner bulbs are on when headlights are on, fog lights go off when brights switched on or when using parking lights.

Could they really just both be burned out (not that big of a coincidence, but wanted to make sure before replacing).

Thanks.

Here is a pic of my 05:

Are you referring to the corner lights, next to the low beams, with the amber reflector on the side? Those are parking lights and should come on with the parking lights and headlights.

If you are referring to the lights next to the fog lights (outboard, down in the bumper), those are turn signals.

Fog lights only work when the low beams are on. High beams or parking lights won't allow the fogs to be turned on.

If you are referring to the inner "fog" lights down low, those are near infrared for the night vision, and you won't see when they are on.

Here is a pic of my 05:

Are you referring to the corner lights, next to the low beams, with the amber reflector on the side? Those are parking lights and should come on with the parking lights and headlights.

If you are referring to the lights next to the fog lights (outboard, down in the bumper), those are turn signals.

Fog lights only work when the low beams are on. High beams or parking lights won't allow the fogs to be turned on.

If you are referring to the inner "fog" lights down low, those are near infrared for the night vision, and you won't see when they are on.

Thanks Sean! I guess the answer to my question was "I am an idiot"...

I was referring to the lights just to the outside of each of the primary fog lights which, as you indicated, are the turn signals (also explains why I never see them on :)) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom