1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

03-05 tail lights on 98-02?

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by Matchu, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Matchu

Matchu

I'm looking to replace my tail lights for my 02 LX470, as one of them has a crack down the middle.
    I'd like to upgrade to some nice LED smoke lights, but all I have found are discontinued or require bulk purchasing from China. So my question is, I've seen quite a few smoke LED tail lights for 03-05 models on ebay and other sites, would these possibly fit on a 98-02 model? Visually, I don't really see a difference in the size of the earlier model LX tail lights and the 03-05 models, but then again I haven't been able to locate one and compare up close. I've also searched this forum and clublexus and haven't really seen anyone do this.

2. electro992

electro992

The body mounted lights are the same but the gate mounted lights are slightly wider on the 03+ models. If you look closely at the pictures they flare out more/are a bit pointier towards the bottom.

Matchu likes this.
  3. Matchu

Matchu

Got it, thanks for the info!

4. CatskillsRunner

CatskillsRunner SILVER Star

5. landylover21

landylover21

Media:
    Albums:
    I did but they're unsmoked aftermarket 06-07 LX style tailights. They won't work with the LX due to the reverse lights and different shape.

Overall, happy with the quality and output but Spyder discontinued them a few years back (just for anyone who is looking).

CatskillsRunner likes this.
  6. Matchu

Matchu

Thanks guys, I was searching today and saw some 98-02 non-smoked LED ones on Ebay. I'll probably pull the trigger on those and tint it myself.