03-05 tail lights on 98-02? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to replace my tail lights for my 02 LX470, as one of them has a crack down the middle.
I'd like to upgrade to some nice LED smoke lights, but all I have found are discontinued or require bulk purchasing from China. So my question is, I've seen quite a few smoke LED tail lights for 03-05 models on ebay and other sites, would these possibly fit on a 98-02 model? Visually, I don't really see a difference in the size of the earlier model LX tail lights and the 03-05 models, but then again I haven't been able to locate one and compare up close. I've also searched this forum and clublexus and haven't really seen anyone do this.

The body mounted lights are the same but the gate mounted lights are slightly wider on the 03+ models. If you look closely at the pictures they flare out more/are a bit pointier towards the bottom.

The body mounted lights are the same but the gate mounted lights are slightly wider on the 03+ models. If you look closely at the pictures they flare out more/are a bit pointier towards the bottom.
Got it, thanks for the info!

I'm pretty sure @landylover21 did this...

I did but they're unsmoked aftermarket 06-07 LX style tailights. They won't work with the LX due to the reverse lights and different shape.

Overall, happy with the quality and output but Spyder discontinued them a few years back (just for anyone who is looking).

Thanks guys, I was searching today and saw some 98-02 non-smoked LED ones on Ebay. I'll probably pull the trigger on those and tint it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom