Builds ROTW apcoleman (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to say this place is great and a big thanks goes out to Woody. I have learned a great deal from everyone and this is a great site.

My 1995 FZJ-80 has been in the family since day one. My father ran a few local dealerships and one of them happened to be a Toyota store so he bought a Land Cruiser. That was May of 95 and almost 11 years later it looks completely different. I got the truck from him in 2002 with 145K on the clock and earlier today I just past 221K. Great thing I love about this truck is that I know that it has been taken care of and will last a good while to go.

Now for the fun stuff.

I have built my truck up over the last two years and I know it will never end. It all started when my front bumper got ripped off one night in DC and I put the ARB on. Then I had to add the lights and everything else just kind of followed.

Current Mods:
ARB front bumper
OME 2.5 heavies up front and mediums in the rear
Slee light harnesses
Hanna Quality sliders
TJM rear bumper w/ swingout tire carrier
ARB front and rear locking diffs
slee air manifold
4.56 gears
285/75/16 BFG at
Warn xd9000 winch w/ synthetic line
IPF 800 driving lights
Uniden pro 520 xl w/ Wilson 3ft on the ARB
Alpine head unit w/ iPod in the glove box
LEDs in the doors and overheads
HIRs. (when they burn out I am going back to PIAAs)
OEM diff lock switch with lights in the dash
CDL switch
OEM cupholder
And a personal favorite, lights in the foot wells for when I drop crap at night.

Bling:
LX corners
Clear turn signals

Future Mods:
Some kind of storage system in the back
Snorkel?

I know I am forgetting some stuff but will make sure to add it when I get a chance
front side.jpg

Last edited:
cb mounting

I think all cbs look bad no matter where they are, so I wanted mine out of sight. I also put an external speaker under the driver seat so I can hear the cb with my music on.
cb console.jpg
cb mount.jpg

Last edited:
alpine head unit

I went with the alpine so I could hook up my iPod. I looked at all my options and figured placing it in the glove box would be the best spot.
alpine day.jpg
ipod.jpg
alpine night.jpg

diff lock switch...

I wanted to keep the OEM look as much as possible so I had my ARBs retrofitted to the OEM switch. I didnt want an ugly ARB switch for my compressor so I bought a rear defroster switch that controls it to keep the factory look.
diff lock.jpg
air man.jpg
diff lock copy.jpg

Last edited:
Leds

I was looking around at putting LEDs in the truck and I came across www.autolumination.com They were cheap which was a plus, I a figured that I would give them a whirl. I like them a lot in the door and the overheads are nice but not as bright as George's. Considering I outfitted the entire truck for the cost of one of George's I cant really complain right now.
door led.jpg
overhead led.jpg

Foot well lights.

Because I drop stuff all of the time I decided I needed some extra lighting down there. I went to radio shack, got a switch and some $5 lights off of eBay shipped. Rates real high on the bling scale but very functional at night.
night light.jpg

Nice write-up. What would you say is the difference in feel between stock gears an 4.56's?

Thanks Ken,

I really like the 4.56s with te 285s. It feels a lot peppier around town and on the highway. I dont plan on going any bigger than 33's for awhile so the 4.56 will do just fine.

Tony looks like you've done some nice mods since last year at CMCC. Nice wrire up.

Looks like a great rig, especially with 221K miles on it! It's very clean for the mileage. I like your out-of-sight install of the CB and I-Pod.

How do you like your winch (do you wish you went larger?) and what did you do to modify the ARB for the synthetic line?

:cheers:

Nice truck, Tony! I like the CB install.

But one thing is bothering me about it. . .

Third Eye Blind?!?! :D

Montana Cruiser said:
How do you like your winch (do you wish you went larger?) and what did you do to modify the ARB for the synthetic line?

:cheers:

Thanks for the kind words. I bought a Marlin Crawler Hawse fairlead and that is it. I am thinking about chopping the roller fairlead guide off but cant make up my mind yet.

I also think 9k was the right choice and figure that and a snatch block will get me out of anything that I am going to get into. If not, I hope im wheeling with reffug and his 12k

Ditto on the CB install.

TR

Sweet Rig. Ya Got To Love The Fact That The 4.56 Gears And The Arb's Get Used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom