teq (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what does teq represent?

why does my 60 have teq emblems and my 62 not?

why does the valve cover on my 60 have a cool 2F embossing and my 62 does not have a 3FE embossing??

anyone? anyone?

TEQ is Toyota in Japanese, or some form of it. As far as your other questions I have no idea.

ok how bout...

ok i just cleaned all the sludge from off the 60's ps pump and discovered that the T on the cap says "TOYODA". Also, the pump is painted blue. Does that mean it is an aftermarket pump or is that some Japanese to English mis-spelling like Sony Vaio spelled with a W?

bigbertha said:
ok i just cleaned all the sludge from off the 60's ps pump and discovered that the T on the cap says "TOYODA". Also, the pump is painted blue. Does that mean it is an aftermarket pump or is that some Japanese to English mis-spelling like Sony Vaio spelled with a W?

I think your thinking about Vega being spelled with a W.

Except The W is just a logo that the consumer has read incorrectly. The W is 2 v's atop each other.
or maybe it's German.

Yeah mine says Toyoda also, Maybe a parts division of Toyota?

toyoda is family name, toyota has more betterin' strokes in kanji- the TEQ (pages upon pages have been written on it).

blue pump is rebuild
like Roy in Blade Runner, "time to die" (watch the blue pumps)

for the rest, I cannot answer (the 2f/3f deal)

Educate yourself:
http://www.steelnthings.com/toyoda/sakichi.html

I really should take the time and finish all that up. TMC almost wasn't going to happen because of the older brother (he married into the family) thought Kiichiro was off his rocker. Risaburro was in charge of the Loom works and gave Kiichiro just enough cash. I imagine that those were not fun times for Kiichiro.

<-- Sakichi Toyoda :)

bigbertha said:
what does teq represent?

why does my 60 have teq emblems and my 62 not?

why does the valve cover on my 60 have a cool 2F embossing and my 62 does not have a 3FE embossing??

anyone? anyone?

Your 62 most certainly does have a teq emblem. Look closely at your fuel filler cap the next time you fill up. :)

T = to; E = yo; Q = ta

It's written in Katakana, and of course it's not an English "TEQ", it just looks like it...

So PAFJ's avatar literally says, "Toyota Toyota Land Cruiser"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom