FJ40 Roll Cage and Rear Ambulance Doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cage is sold.

The rear ambulance style doors are in good shape with no major rust. There may be some light rust on the bottoms. The cost does not include the key to the rear door.

Cost:
Cage- $Sold Through Mud

Doors- $Sold for $200 1/3/05

Please email me at dthomas@tiogaconstruction.com with any questions or with your phone number to set up an appointment. Items are Located in San Francisco Bay Area. Please don't ask about shipping as I prefer not to deal with that. I will help deliver the Cage if possible within the Bay Area.
Roll CAge to post.jpg
Fj40 amby door to post.jpg

Last edited:
Check out some of the online sellers, if you really had to have them that is not an unfair price. Nice cage.

THere are holes dilled and it was notched to miss the door hardware.
I'll look to see if I can find any better pictures from when it was installed.
Dave

petescoffee said:
THere are holes dilled and it was notched to miss the door hardware.
I'll look to see if I can find any better pictures from when it was installed.
Dave

Thanks Dave,

Or a close-up of the angle section and how it attaches to the floor might help a lot of potential buyers out!

;)

That's a pretty unusual attachment method. Did Luke design it, do you know? Or if he didn't, do you know whether or not he expressed any reservations about the design?

You didn't say what size tubing is used, so could you?

Tubing is 1 1/2" X ?.125 I think. Thick
It is the heavy wall tubing.

The Idea on the attachment is to transfer the load to the piller instead of directly to the sheetmetal floor pan. The foot still attaches to the floor pan. My new cage will be done the same way.

There are 2 or 3 fabricators doing this. I don't know if he has any roll over feed back yet. But in theory it sounds good.

I'm running the same cage, built at the same time. I believe it was a great Butch Lewis (RIP) design originally that Luke modeled this after. There are differences between the two designs. Heres a picture of the area in question on mine installed.......
http://www.birfield.com/albums/album13/DSC02156_Large.sized.jpg
http://www.birfield.com/albums/album13/DSC02160_Large.sized.jpg
They clear the window regulators and wing windows on my early doors and free up all the floor room.
I have not tested it upsidedown, but have leaned (flopped) on it pretty hard. I have confidence in it.
Good luck with the sale.....
PMK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom