93 OBD1 questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks,
My 93 just threw a CEL. I tried to get the code by jumping terminals E1 and TE1 on the test connector but I noticed the CEL isn't blinking at all either jumped or not and I can't get the code. I pulled the EFI fuse as suggested in the service manual but no change. Also, I haven't noticed a change in engine operation.
Any ideas?
As usual, these things always seem to happen at the best possible time, as I'm planning to head out for a week long camping trip this Friday.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Frosty

Many national auto parts stores will read the code free of charge. See if you can find on in your area.

What exactly did you do? Did you just jump terminals E1 and TE1? Or did you pull the metal jump pin already in place as well?

Did pulling the EFI fuse clear the light?

Hey there Frosty (sounds like I'm talking to my beer mug),

I too am going through CEL hell right now. Unfortunately, my engine is stumbling, idles at 200-500, and feels anemic. Luckily (?) the CEL gave me some codes to go on.

Here's how I retrived mine;

Make sure you have the ignition in the 'off' position. Place your jumper in E1 & TE1. Turn the ignition switch to 'on' (don't crank the engine). watch the CEL blink, and retrieve your codes.

Hope it's not 28,83,84,&85. That's what I got, did a archive search (so I wouldn't get yelled at!) and MAN O MAN! Looks like new ECU time. I've got the 'old' one.
It might take a while for the CEL to come back on, but watch for it, and read the codes when/if it does.

cool,

seth

are you sure you have correctly jumped the pins?

turn the ignition on but don't start it with no pin in the dlc so all the idiot lights are on. Is there a CEL light on? If not, your dash bulb is gone.

don't turn it on until you have the pins in or you might have blown a fuse. I'd check the fuses in the engine bay and in the driver's wheelwell just in case.

the CEL test will not work unless you are in park or neutral. can't recall which, but it does nothing in the other position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom