My first 80... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My first 80...Updated 10/18/05

Picked her up for $3000, in kinda rough condition. Anyone have a hood, fender, or front lower grill?

fj801.jpg

fj80.jpg

Enjoy.. Updated pictures scroll down

Last edited:
Doesn't look that bad. These rigs weren't meant to be pretty, thats what Lexus's are for. Anyways congrats, and welcome. You can probably find alot of stuff on ebay, and pennysaver.com.

Good idea on the ARB, looks better than stock.

That's just one moderate trail mishap!!!

Spend your money on mods that make it go :grinpimp: . You can fix that stuff 90% by yourself with a little elbow grease, ingenuity and touch-up paint.

Forced...;
Be sure to check out the 91-92 engineering screw up on wiring for the fuel pump; not sure where its located at the moment. Others may chime in on this one...

david in denver

That is a nice truck for 3000 dollars. This will be sweet for a trail ride, build it up.

Nice rig. An ARB would help a lot.

Biff said:
These rigs weren't meant to be pretty, thats what Lexus's are for.

Like this :D Purdy Lexus :bounce:
Purdy Lexus 2.jpg
Purdy Lexus.jpg

LR_RESQ said:
tarbe is right. It's amazing what you can do with factory touch-up paint in a spray can!

Where can you obtain that anyway? I inquired at my local dealer and all they have is touchup and very limited quanity of that. I get my touch up from Meijer (like a super Walmart), but I would like to get a spray can version of it (paint code 045 or TY01578 - White)

Look in the phone book for auto paint supplies. They can look it up for you. I actually ordered one can over the internet and it worked fine for a different rig.

gbell210 said:
Where can you obtain that anyway? I inquired at my local dealer and all they have is touchup and very limited quanity of that. I get my touch up from Meijer (like a super Walmart), but I would like to get a spray can version of it (paint code 045 or TY01578 - White)

I get mine from G.I.Joe's. They have a wall of little paint cans and a book that is broken down by year, make, model, color & paint code. Cross referance to there part number and find the can. :cheers:

yellowchaosfj80 said:
Hay man nice rig . 3000. ya!! If you need fenders let me know I my have some..

I'm down in Bellingham, right across the border, I could swing up and grab one. Check your PM's

The wiring issue with '91s has to do with the EFI Relay, not the fuel pump and a lot of trucks already have the mod. There is a link that tells you how to fix it if needed: http://www.safari4x4.com.au/80scool/tech/efi_relay.html . Always carry a spare EFI relay just in case.

BTW your signature says you have a FJ90? It looks great, congratulations on your purchase.

forcedinductionz said:
I'm down in Bellingham, right across the border, I could swing up and grab one. Check your PM's

Bellingham Fawk yeas. Do you live there? school?
whats the deal? I go to western washington. i drive the only semi built 80 in that area now that dave left. If you ever need any help let me know!!!

mike

Pull the fender and pop it from the inside...then touch up on the outside...that one looks pretty easy actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom