Found an LX...I think?!?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all

Well I think I have found an LX to buy. (the one in my avitar is my fathers....which I built up) The truck in question is a low milage (63K) black LX 450 with lockers currently located in NJ. I would have to have it shipped out possibly sight unseen, however I have seen about 50 pictures. The previous owner was a major tech guy and so it has all kinds of electronics. Some of which I would take out and some I would leave. They include aftermaket sound system, dvd, vhs, emergancy strobs (would have to go), stealth V1 radar detector, and one of the strangest rear parking distance control. So I would have a little work cleaning up these things. I has great low milage and is super clean inside and out with only one small blemish on the body and scratched bumpers...which would soon be replaced by slee/arb anyway. My plans for whatever cruiser I get is to to the slee 6", 35's and misc. slee upgrades like I have done on my fathers truck. I would most likely replace the one dvd screen with head rest units also. I want this truck to be a third car kid/ dog carrior and an off road toy/beast. This will never be a daily driver we both have 3 series bmw's for that, but since I am going to be spending so much money building it I would like something that has low milage that will last a long time. I will most likely beable to pick it up for 17k and change. It has a clean vehical history but I would most likely get minimal maintance records other than what I can get from lexus. This shouldn't be too bad with the low milage. I am not however, wild about the color, and I would most likely rather have a land cruiser for the name, but those are the only negatives.

What do you all think?

thanks Rob

A brotherly advice, make sure to get somebody to inspect it for you especially under the vehicle. You know it's coming from NJ and sometimes in the winter the road is full of salts that sticks under the vehicle. There is a black LX 450 here in VA Beach with low miles and lockers. I went to the dealer and asked the salesman where this vehicle came from and he said up north, so I proceeded to check the underside of the vehicle, lo and behold, the rear axle is excessively corroded and the tow hitch was severely rusted. The dealer tried to hide the corrosion by painting over it and you can visibly see the rust under the paint. Be careful.

Black is a tough color in AZ, for sure. Other than that, so long as you don't feel like you are paying for a bunch of stuff you are going to toss, it sounds good.

Maybe someone in the area will volunteer to take a look at it for you?

A brotherly advice, make sure to get somebody to inspect it for you especially under the vehicle
Thanks, I have had someone here on the forum that has a shop 25min away say that they would check it out for me, but don't know if it is doable...but thanks...that is my worst fear...I should have pics of the undercarrage tomorrow.

Yes that is it...do you know anything about it? I have contacted the seller.
Black is a tough color in AZ, for sure.
I know and it's not my first choice, but it is a nice one :doh:

I have flat out decided that I will never again buy a dark colored vehicle, and I'm living in a temperature climate. The dirt showing is also too much...

that's very interesting....

Consider one down side of all that stuff added on. It may result in a lot of electrical gremlins down the road as vibration, heat and age take their toll on electrical connections and wiring that may be jury rigged in places. Professionally installed simply means he paid a shop run by pimple faced kids to do it. It's low miles, but I'd personally prefer a clean unmolested truck with higher miles. The price isn't that spectacular considering all the stuff hanging in, on and around the truck that will take time and effort to clear out. You're likely to find holes drilled to mount things that the owner kept, wires spliced every time you open a panel, etc.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom