lift springs for sale and why they are for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nuclearlemon

not an addict
Threads
for those that my be interested in my crappy pinnacle springs, they are for sale to teh highest bidder...why you might want them is beyond me. pick up in denver or will deliver to cruise moab.

if you haven't heard of my dilemma with my crappy ass pinnacle springs, do a little research, but here are some pics to show why they suck! the rears are just over 1 year and the fronts are 6mo's and 8mo's...

the last picture shows an oem 30 year old 40 spring as a reference as to why jt outfitter's pinnacle springs are the last things in the world you should consider buying. these were on an 83 with nothing more than most trail rigs and very little off roading (cm 04, rising suns outlaws run, and two day trips to local trails that weren't much more than snow covered dirt roads, plus daily driving).
pnnacle1.JPG
pinnacle2.JPG
pinnacle4.JPG

I have the same springs...I've added leafs to the packs in an attempt to make them last longer. Mine also looked mangled and "wavey" like yours! To HELL with pinnical springs!

JR

Wow, I'll give you a quarter to keep them.

That's really bad.

I have a set of 2.5" pinnicles on my 40. I have wheeled it moderately, but nothing i would consider "hard". My springs are holding up well, no sag what so ever. When did you put yours on? Mine are 3 years old.

i heard from many people the the 60's springs are crap and way too long....

Noah said:
I have a set of 2.5" pinnicles on my 40. I have wheeled it moderately, but nothing i would consider "hard". My springs are holding up well, no sag what so ever. When did you put yours on? Mine are 3 years old.
last year, this time of year. i haven't heard anything bad about the 40 springs, but i have yet to find someone who's been happy with their 60 springs and the fact that they won't back up their crap ass product pisses me off.

WOW! Those are some crappy ass springs. That is horrible for one year old springs.......mental note: nerver buy pinnacle springs....ever!

Lets team up here...

I think all the 60 or 40 owners that have/had pinnical springs should contact JT outfitters or Pinnical directly and let them know whats really going on.

When I first got my lift, I had to bug JTO to swap out 2 of the 4 leaf packs beacause they were bent, or twisted, or too flat...ect!!!

I've had my springs for 1 1/2 years, and as I stated before, they look like hell! I've added leafs to the spring packs recently. I had to cut the add-a-leafs to different sizes in an attempt to help the truck sit level. Its always leaning to one side or another...and not the normal 60 lean...

To hell with Pinnical and shame on JT for carrying such crap.

JR :mad:

Bostonfj60 said:
I think all the 60 or 40 owners that have/had pinnical springs should contact JT outfitters or Pinnical directly and let them know whats really going on.

To hell with Pinnical and shame on JT for carrying such crap.

JR :mad:

Actually JT or Pinnacle should look here and FIX what is going on...

Or not, and they become irrelevant in the marketplace!

I believe Ige has been pretty vocal to them.

It is not the customers that complain that are a problem - they are the opportunity. It is the customers that cease complaining that you should worry about.

i went back and forth with them for 8 mos...the stopped answering my emails, so i complained to the bbb in north carolina...they won't even respond to the bbb, so, it appears, that they don't care.

Thats a shame. Every business has unhappy customers at some point. Customers that have a problem the business resolves quickly and correctly are actually more loyal than customers that never had a problem.

I guess no one ever let them in on the speed bad news travels. Aside from the fact that making this right with the customer is just plain the right thing to do, this one incident will easily end up costing them way more in lost sales than it would have to refund or replace with acceptable springs. Just on this site, this particular debacle has been mentioned on threads that combined have been viewed thousands of times. Add in the people she has told in person and all the people that know the story and have passed it on, and that adds up to a bunch of serious Cruiser folks that probably won't be ordering from them and for dang sure won't be ordering Pinnacle springs. And for what? An $800.00 order? It takes way more than $800 to buy enough advertising to offset this kind of bad press.

I hope they resolve it with you. From the emails on the other thread it seems they started out trying to solve it but the replacements didn't help so they gave up. At that point, apologize to the customer, refund the money, send a call tag for the bad springs so you can show them to the guys building them, and a gift certificate for $100. Fix the problem or find a new spring manufacturer. When you think the product is ready, ask the customer if they have a rig they would consider beta testing the springs on.

Good customer service builds loyalty and priceless word of mouth advertising (especially with a serious member of a target niche market). Bad customer service...

nuclearlemon said:
i went back and forth with them for 8 mos...the stopped answering my emails, so i complained to the bbb in north carolina...they won't even respond to the bbb, so, it appears, that they don't care.

I would put a return to sender stamp on them and fly other their shop and drop it out the window...

...I got crappy service when i ordered stuff from them and after i heard what they did to you I stopped getting anything from them...

...still feel sorry for that whole thing...must have sucked hard core.

nuclearlemon said:
... but i have yet to find someone who's been happy with their 60 springs ...

actually, im sure its a fluke but, ive had pinnacle springs for over two years now on my fj-62 and they are perfectly fine. no warp, no bounce, no lean, look new...

i take my truck offroad most weekend too. i must just be lucky.

i would have to say im happy with my springs.

im sorry yours didnt work out though. you seem to be the goddess of land cruisers and i dont see why you of all people would be struck down with such bad luck.

btw i think you rule :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom