Pics of TJ flares on back of FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have these pics? I want to throw some of these on my cruiser, but want to cut the wheelwell all the way back. Can anyone give me some pics and amybe how and where I cut these?

Thanks
Dima

Like this

Katemcy_Saturday_131.jpg

With 3.5 backspaced wheels on stock axles they are to wide, tire doesn't even stick outside of body. I think I read where you were going with wider mini truck axles so they should be perfect.
Theres a couple more pics of mine when it still had the flares on it here
http://www.tamor.org/members-rigs/album16?page=1

As far as where to cut... I flipped my rear springs, then I held up the flares to where they looked cool to me and cut away. I could have gone higher, so I may move them up some more and cut off a little more.

OOOps, CAn't use those either. I have to semi ciomp cut the rear because I am at 102" or so. I am using waggy axles front and rear, and XJ springs in the rear. Basically, I am stretched WAY out.

DIma

Flares

I like that idea. Are those stock rear TJ flares on the rigs pictured? Why not the larger aftermarket TJ flares. Anyone have pics of those on a 40? Troy

Flatty you got any pics of your rig? I would love to see it. I just got back from the bone yard with a set of XJ spring that I plan on running backwards when I spring over. With that and flipped front springs I think I'll end up about 103" How do you like those xj springs, seems like they are going to be very soft when I set them up with around a 45 deg shackle angle should be very soft :)

:Flipoff2:

Why don't you crawl back into your little brand biased hole of limited capability, and let me know when you actually want your junk to work well off road. ;)

bustanutley said:
:Flipoff2:

Why don't you crawl back into your little brand biased hole of limited capability, and let me know when you actually want your junk to work well off road. ;)

I found the perfect accessory for you. Oh, you probably have these already. Lighten up...meant as a joke.

http://tinyurl.com/5hoba

troyintahoe said:
I like that idea. Are those stock rear TJ flares on the rigs pictured? Why not the larger aftermarket TJ flares. Anyone have pics of those on a 40? Troy
Yes, those are stock TJ flares. I wouldn't want to go to a wider flare myself. I run 2.5" backspaced 15x10 wheels with 14.5" wide tires and the tire just barely sticks out on the sides.
Plus these were cheap. :D

I don't have a problem using jeep parts. I also have a rear TJ bench seat and the accompanying seat belts. My criteria are that it must be functional and be cheap. Hard core TJ guys will throw this stuff away.

troyintahoe said:

Here ya go....

4" wide Xenon TJ rears...

20041114-02.jpg

A friend had given them to me. I'll probaby remove them, not sure I like them cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom